Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I love the University of Leeds, the only negative things I have heard is about the students themselves being cliquey.

I have heard rumours it's all Jack Wills wearing, *****y, cliquey kids?

I'm working class but I don't mind posh kids. I possibly prefer them (I wouldn't go to university if I didn't). But I don't like elitist snobs or cliquey, pretentious people.

Is this an accurate perception?

I'm looking for a university with a friendly, community vibe? I know the big unis aren't going to be the best for that but is Leeds particularly bad?

Many thanks for your time

ReputationRep:
    There's 1000s of students at Leeds, there will be someone you get along with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_89)
    I love the University of Leeds, the only negative things I have heard is about the students themselves being cliquey.

I have heard rumours it's all Jack Wills wearing, *****y, cliquey kids?

I'm working class but I don't mind posh kids. I possibly prefer them (I wouldn't go to university if I didn't). But I don't like elitist snobs or cliquey, pretentious people.

Is this an accurate perception?

I'm looking for a university with a friendly, community vibe? I know the big unis aren't going to be the best for that but is Leeds particularly bad?

Many thanks for your time
    Hi, I'm hoping to go to the university of Leeds im September and I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! Regardless of where you go - you will meet different kinds of people and some you will like more than others - naturally!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sehrish1)
    Hi, I'm hoping to go to the university of Leeds im September and I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! Regardless of where you go - you will meet different kinds of people and some you will like more than others - naturally!
    Hi

Im going to University of Leeds in September to do Sociology and Social Policy. Im a mature student, well Im 50, the mature bit might be slightly optimistic, lol. Nurse, union steward, single parent, living on a council estate. So, I dont fit that picture. In the end, uni will be whatever you make of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeePowell)
    Hi

Im going to University of Leeds in September to do Sociology and Social Policy. Im a mature student, well Im 50, the mature bit might be slightly optimistic, lol. Nurse, union steward, single parent, living on a council estate. So, I dont fit that picture. In the end, uni will be whatever you make of it.
    Hi! I'm doing sociology too!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm doing sociology too!
    Then we both know at least one person . Theres a Freshers group on facebook and quite a few people doing Sociology on there. I hope Im allowed to do this but this is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/328594567332952/

Look forward to meeting you

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you I will join it! See you in September!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you I will join it! See you in September!!

ReputationRep:
    Not like that, at all. Most of the students i met at Leeds were amazing and kind. Not cliquey at all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 10, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.