Can i use liquid ink pen in EXAMS? (WJEC)

Watch this thread
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/un...-of-3/24276313

i want to use these pens because they are the ones i've been using every year and most comfortable with, but i read that they stressed on biro so much cos the papers are being scanned?! -_-
biros hurt my hands, make my writing horrible and the ink is so unreliable since it skips often.
anyone know better about the rules of pens, i definitely know they wont allow gel, but not so sure on this ink in particular
Jfire
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
The papers usually state 'black ink or black ballpoint pen'
Everdeen16
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hey, I sat my first exam on Monday and have one tomorrow; I was allowed to use my fountain pen when I asked, especially since, like you, biro makes my handwriting really messy. I'm quite sure that you are allowed, but just double check anyway.
username1763965
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/un...-of-3/24276313

i want to use these pens because they are the ones i've been using every year and most comfortable with, but i read that they stressed on biro so much cos the papers are being scanned?! -_-
biros hurt my hands, make my writing horrible and the ink is so unreliable since it skips often.
anyone know better about the rules of pens, i definitely know they wont allow gel, but not so sure on this ink in particular
I have heard from todays exam that you are not allowed gel pens(even if black) just allowed black biro pens. Not sure if your allowed ink pens but maybe I wouldn't risk it?
ihatePE
Rep:
(Original post by JackHarrison)
The papers usually state 'black ink or black ballpoint pen'
they should be more specific xD and say ''liquid''
ihatePE
Rep:
(Original post by Everdeen16)
Hey, I sat my first exam on Monday and have one tomorrow; I was allowed to use my fountain pen when I asked, especially since, like you, biro makes my handwriting really messy. I'm quite sure that you are allowed, but just double check anyway.
i had to sit through my first exam with a biro and it suckeedddd
Abeh
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I use those exact same pens, never had any problems when using them to do 10 exams in previous years :3 if anything, they are more clear as the colour is more pure black xD bloody hate using biros

Posted from TSR Mobile
ifyouseelaura
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I thought exam boards only ever specify black ink / ballpoint pen as it is most likely to show up when it scanned. I think the idea is making it as easy as possible for the examiner to award you the marks. Saying that, if a biro would smudge everywhere when you write, they aren't going to be able to read your paper that easily, so I'd say write with whatever you're the most comfortable with - providing its not a neon pink gel pen I'm pretty sure its fine
ihatePE
Rep:
(Original post by Abeh)
I use those exact same pens, never had any problems when using them to do 10 exams in previous years :3 if anything, they are more clear as the colour is more pure black xD bloody hate using biros

Posted from TSR Mobile
hate them to death, i made my revision notes in them and will dread reading them back in these horrible hand writing
ihatePE
Rep:
(Original post by ifyouseelaura)
I thought exam boards only ever specify black ink / ballpoint pen as it is most likely to show up when it scanned. I think the idea is making it as easy as possible for the examiner to award you the marks. Saying that, if a biro would smudge everywhere when you write, they aren't going to be able to read your paper that easily, so I'd say write with whatever you're the most comfortable with - providing its not a neon pink gel pen I'm pretty sure its fine
hahahha neon gel pink xD i actually have that pen :P
ifyouseelaura
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
hahahha neon gel pink xD i actually have that pen :P
So do I... but sadly I'm having to neglect it at the bottom of my pencil case until the end of exams season...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (226)
42.24%
The paper was reasonable (228)
42.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
8.97%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
6.17%

Watched Threads