The Student Room Group

OCR GCE Chemistry: F334 & F335 (Chemistry B: Salters)

For all us poor people having to put up with the glorious Salters specification! Feel free to share notes, link relevant websites, ask & answer questions and all that lovely exam stuff.

I myself am working on loads of flash cards for F334 and F335 on Google Drive (and I'll probably upload a PDF or something when they're done), as well as having made some diagrams of organic synthesis reactions and how they link together.

Try to keep it topical, civilised and - perhaps most crucially - accurate!

Yours,
Grey

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Woo! Go Salter's! :angry:

I've got all my notes sorted and have done most of the past papers, and am feeling a lot more prepared than I did for the As last year already.

How was everyone's coursework?
Original post by Petick
Woo! Go Salter's! :angry:

I've got all my notes sorted and have done most of the past papers, and am feeling a lot more prepared than I did for the As last year already.

How was everyone's coursework?

What kinda marks you getting in past papers
And how was your investigation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by king cobra
What kinda marks you getting in past papers
And how was your investigation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

F334 I'm just above the A grade boundary. I'm near the A grade on F335, just need to get all my notes sorted, haven't worked on it as much as F334.

My investigation was the iodine clock, got 44/45, which will hopefully help push my overall grade up into an A from the B I got last year
I did the Harcourt-Essen iodine clock (a.k.a. the most stressful, painful thing I've ever done). My teacher thinks I've got an A, which is just as well given how dreadful my exams are going to wind up being. Need an A in Biology and a B in Chemistry to get to where I want to go, though even that could prove difficult, especially given my overall B grade last year.

Yours,
Grey
Does anybody have the June 2014 F334 and F335 past papers?

I'd really appreciate it, thanks!
Here are two links, one to one set of cards and the other to another (both F334). I'd upload them both here but, y'know, size restrictions. The alignment is slightly off but you should be able to preserve most of each of the cards just fine.

http://www.filedropper.com/chemistryflashcards1

http://www.filedropper.com/chemistryflashcards2

Hope these help.

Yours,
Grey
Original post by ThenameisGrey
Here are two links, one to one set of cards and the other to another (both F334). I'd upload them both here but, y'know, size restrictions. The alignment is slightly off but you should be able to preserve most of each of the cards just fine.

http://www.filedropper.com/chemistryflashcards1

http://www.filedropper.com/chemistryflashcards2

Hope these help.

Yours,
Grey

Have you got the answers to the flash card questions?
Original post by GianluigiBuffon
Have you got the answers to the flash card questions?

The answers to the flashcards are on the page following the questions. For example:

Page 1 has questions on the left and right. Page 2 has the answers to the questions on the left to the right and vice versa.

There are a few typos and mistakes from me not paying enough attention when I was making them but they're not hard to spot.

Hope this helps!

Yours,
Grey
The answers to the flashcards are on the page following the questions. For example:

Page 1 has questions on the left and right. Page 2 has the answers to the questions on the left to the right and vice versa.

There are a few typos and mistakes from me not paying enough attention when I was making them but they're not hard to spot.

Hope this helps!

Yours,
Grey

Thank you so much, these flash cards will help me out a lot :smile:. I really do struggle with chemistry, do you have any tips on how I can do well? The past papers are really difficult and I still need to go over some of the content
Original post by GianluigiBuffon
Thank you so much, these flash cards will help me out a lot :smile:. I really do struggle with chemistry, do you have any tips on how I can do well? The past papers are really difficult and I still need to go over some of the content

Chemistry is my hardest subject too, mainly because of the specificity of the mark schemes. All I can recommend is seeing how the mark schemes answer the higher mark essay questions and trying to remember the key words they want to see (like talking about colorimetry: use an appropriate filter; calibrate the colorimeter using water; create samples of solution of known concentration; measure percentage absorption; plot against a calibration graph).

A revision guide also helps, as well as diagrams, acronyms etc.. Unfortunately it seems Salters is extra strict with mark schemes so you'll just need to be sure to remember them.

If anyone else has any tips then feel free to add to this!

Yours,
Grey
Anyone know where we can find a list (not a diagram) of all the reagents/conditions we need to know for F334 & F335?
Original post by Petick
F334 I'm just above the A grade boundary. I'm near the A grade on F335, just need to get all my notes sorted, haven't worked on it as much as F334.

My investigation was the iodine clock, got 44/45, which will hopefully help push my overall grade up into an A from the B I got last year

Hey xD
I got 44/45 too :smile:
Do you know what ums score that is ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Approx 88
IS 42/45 on c/w 81 Ums ? or higher?
Reply 15
There is no way I'm looking forward to F335 after F334

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Petick
There is no way I'm looking forward to F335 after F334

Posted from TSR Mobile

F334 was a terrible paper... I'm concerned that 'bad papers' are an OCR wide thing this year given the Biology paper I sat, the Chemistry paper my friend sat (OCR Chemistry A) and the Physics paper another friend sat.

Oh well, let's do what we can! I got a higher B on an F335 paper I sat so maybe things won't be so bad?

Yours,
Grey
anyone got good f335 notes?
Original post by MathsAddict
anyone got good f335 notes?

I've no notes, I'm afraid. I'm just looking through the official revision guide (which is surprisingly good at telling you exactly what you need to know).

Yours,
Grey
I've no notes, I'm afraid. I'm just looking through the official revision guide (which is surprisingly good at telling you exactly what you need to know).

Yours,
Grey

Hmm same most of the questions i got wrong are in here 0_o is it enough that i know the crap of this revision guide?

Quick Reply

Latest