Turn on thread page Beta

Advice needed.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    was doing work experience a while ago, and sent someone that works there a friend request on facebook. They rejected it and I moved on. Now I'm doing a course at the same place and the person that rejected me is now going to be my tutor.

They speak to me and seem okayish with me and don't mention facebook.

So I'm wondering , do they like me for real or was the chat they had with me just acting to get me to sign up/do the course?

You haven't said anything about the chat you had with the person.

ReputationRep:
    They probably don't remember you.

Besides, people reject friend requests all the time for a variety of reasons. Unless I'm close to someone irl, I generally turn down requests made to me.

Doesn't mean I hate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keyhofi)
    They probably don't remember you.

Besides, people reject friend requests all the time for a variety of reasons. Unless I'm close to someone irl, I generally turn down requests made to me.

Doesn't mean I hate them.
    I'd like to believe they don't remember me. But I was there for a month or so doing work experience and spoke with them a few times. They have a lot of facebook friends so seem to reject me alone. No big deal. Just hoping to know where I stand really. Do they like or dislike me?

ReputationRep:
    Just remember keep your cool and if all else fails you can always trust..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    obama

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guest.)
    I'd like to believe they don't remember me. But I was there for a month or so doing work experience and spoke with them a few times. They have a lot of facebook friends so seem to reject me alone. No big deal. Just hoping to know where I stand really. Do they like or dislike me?
    How long ago was the work experience?

Speaking to them a few times and knowing them for a month could be why they rejected you. That doesn't sound like forming a friendship to me.

My advice would be to carry on as if the rejection never happened and then see where this goes. I strongly believe nothing will come of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keyhofi)
    How long ago was the work experience?

Speaking to them a few times and knowing them for a month could be why they rejected you. That doesn't sound like forming a friendship to me.

My advice would be to carry on as if the rejection never happened and then see where this goes. I strongly believe nothing will come of this.
    I shall - I just have the suspicion that she doesn't like me. No big deal, it's just I'm a bit confused why they're nice to me, but reject my request. But I think they were being nice to me to get me to sign up for the course really.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.