The Student Room Group

AQA, Religious Studies B, Unit 2 - 13th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A*/100% Man
Don't worry, I am sure you have done better than you think.

I doubt this as I only crammed for the night before. Worst case scenario tbh is going to be an A :c

My school has around a 90% A*-A for GCSE RS and apparently to every 6th former who took it, it was the easiest A* of their GCSE's which I've yet to see how. With an A* around 90% (that's not really the issue) I don't see how it's easier than a subject like maths? I mean you can A* maths without any revision but RS is a LOT harder without revising.
It was explain the different choices to having an abortion. Not clear at all!!
I'm now contemplating the way in which I answered the question. I didn't explain what the alternatives of abortion entailed, I simply applied religious teachings in accordance to the alternatives and why it would be better to adopt/foster rather than abort. I only missed one question and nearly finished the six-mark question on the last topic: War and Peace.
from what i remember the question was what are some of the choices to abortion?
I thought it was the alternatives of an abortion. Well, I hope I'm right, and if comments prior to mine have anything to go by, I should be...
(edited 8 years ago)
What was the answer to that 6 marker "life begins at conception?" I put something like: I agree because...I disagree because... Christians think... Buddhists think... Would that get 6 marks???
Original post by milanakostjuka
What was the answer to that 6 marker "life begins at conception?" I put something like: I agree because...I disagree because... Christians think... Buddhists think... Would that get 6 marks???
It depends on your points and whether they were directly answering the question. Moreover, your application of religious views would need to be relevant to the topic, especially the question. I did almost the same as you when answering six-mark questions, whereby I gave a proposing Christian view and an opposing Christian view (to qualify insight) and gave the viewpoint of a secularist: each point different from the other.
(edited 8 years ago)
Is anyone doing their second RE exam tomorrow and if so, do you know any useful teachings for any unit in the paper
Im doing this paper tomorrow, would it be the same one?
Reply 29
I have a revision document open for anyone who wants to add to it:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bG2kLfK-vhqKaLaaGD8EbA_rN9CfaohIhyxU_LYu7bA/edit?usp=sharing
Morality was so good today. How did everyone else find it?
I did this exam i need four topics though. drugs,crime and punishment,rich and poor in britain,and wold poverty.
Hopefully we all pass

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending