Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am not looking forward to summer any more, anyone have any advice with what I can do? I don't have many friends anymore

ReputationRep:
    Wear something cool, go to an large park. Ask to join people your age in what every they are playing e.g football/ frisby etc.

Friends made, fun had.

(and if you're anything like me and have been grinding away in the gym lifting weights ready for summer. Summer = top off = mirin' = fun)

ReputationRep:
    Go on an adventure and read books and watch movies

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    work and get some money, go park and play football with some. people, bring drink or something to get you into their social circle and then you will be in there friend circle. I'm working , playing golf and doing som things for my self whilst saving up for new clothes/ MacBook because I'm moving to a different sixth from where I'll only know 4 people there. might as well have some fun as well , only gonna go out a it during the summer but not much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smithy<3)
    I am not looking forward to summer any more, anyone have any advice with what I can do? I don't have many friends anymore
    get an Interrail card and explore Europe

ReputationRep:
    :console: Aw kiddo.
    Well...:erm: waste away & get fat all summer, that's fun
    or...
    hit up some of the ppl you know if it really means that much to you & see what they're up to

or (if you're a guy)...
    creep around like a lone wolf at pubs & be outgoing, like you'd be surprised how like cooperative ppl are when you wanna chat, & have a phone with you so you can quickly take digits. Then like go challenge someone at a game of pool but some people are put off if you ask them to gamble with it, however it does increase incentive. Like I was out over the weekend and this idiot tried to glass my homeboy because he thought my mate cheated him when he lost a game and they were literally fighting over whether my mate took £5 in coins instead of the £3 he sarcastically bet the dude...who lost. Of course the douchebag got laid out when he was screaming at me & my girlfriends for defending our friend

ANYWAY lol

1st post was right, dress "cool" that helps, throw on an Airmax pullover or something lol dudes with big watches also do well for some reason :bored: Like no one wants to be out on the town & entertain some scavenger with pleated trousers on. & always have a drink in your hand like me I'm not a hard drinker but I hold onto the same drink all night just so it looks like I'm in.

So yea look the part, walk the part, that'll help if you're by yourself in a crowded room, have a drink in hand b/c it's better than fidgeting both hands in your pockets if you're nervous. Erm...yea approach ppl & insert a comment.

If you're a girl there really is no reason to be alone because surely someone will approach you. Just look cute, sit at the bar, play on your phone, ordr a drink, and look casual about being there :yy: Someone has to come over. And then...yea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feline_Nymphet)
    or...
    hit up some of the ppl you know if it really means that much to you & see what they're up to

or (if you're a guy)...
    creep around like a lone wolf at pubs & be outgoing, like you'd be surprised how like cooperative ppl are when you wanna chat, & have a phone with you so you can quickly take digits. Then like go challenge someone at a game of pool but some people are put off if you ask them to gamble with it, however it does increase incentive. Like I was out over the weekend and this idiot tried to glass my homeboy because he thought my mate cheated him when he lost a game and they were literally fighting over whether my mate took £5 in coins instead of the £3 he sarcastically bet the dude...who lost. Of course the douchebag got laid out when he was screaming at me & my girlfriends for defending our friend

ANYWAY lol

1st post was right, dress "cool" that helps, throw on an Airmax pullover or something lol dudes with big watches also do well for some reason :bored: Like no one wants to be out on the town & entertain some scavenger with pleated trousers on. & always have a drink in your hand like me I'm not a hard drinker but I hold onto the same drink all night just so it looks like I'm in.

So yea look the part, walk the part, that'll help if you're by yourself in a crowded room, have a drink in hand b/c it's better than fidgeting both hands in your pockets if you're nervous. Erm...yea approach ppl & insert a comment.

If you're a girl there really is no reason to be alone because surely someone will approach you. Just look cute, sit at the bar, play on your phone, ordr a drink, and look casual about being there :yy: Someone has to come over. And then...yea...
    thanks for that, its had me laughing ahaa, i am a girl btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    Wear something cool, go to an large park. Ask to join people your age in what every they are playing e.g football/ frisby etc.

Friends made, fun had.

(and if you're anything like me and have been grinding away in the gym lifting weights ready for summer. Summer = top off = mirin' = fun)
    me? lift weights? the most sport you'll get out of me is getting to the other side of primark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feline_Nymphet)
    or...

or (if you're a guy)...

ANYWAY lol

this was such a fantastic response. I'm not saying that i'll do it, but it cheered me up

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that, its had me laughing ahaa, i am a girl btw
    this was such a fantastic response. I'm not saying that i'll do it, but it cheered me up
    aw thanks, glad I can be of some help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metaphorical)
    Go on an adventure and read books and watch movies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I plan on doing all of that, but I think i may need to actually spend time with real people that aren't in a fictional world, apparently biography's and documentaries don't count... :'(

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.