Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my maths A level this year and I've been receiving conflicting information as to what qualifies one for an A* at A2. Please could someone just clarify what results I need to obtain this year given I'm doing C1, C2, C3, C4, M1 & S1

ReputationRep:
    You need an average of 80 across all modules, but also need an average of 90 in c3 and c4... So if you got 80 in c1,2 s1 m1 and 90 in c3 and c4 that's an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you need 97% or something cant remember exact percentage average across the harder moduels and you're pretty much allowed to fail the easier moduels as far as I can remember

ReputationRep:
    My advice: revise hard, grind the papers and do the best to your ability an you'll get what you deserve.

ReputationRep:
    It does not get more official than this ...
    A STAR (maths).pdf

ReputationRep:
    An average of 80% across the A Level, including an average of 90% in C3 and C4 (meaning 89 in C3 and 91 in C4 or 85 in C3 and 95 in C4 or whatever), you just need it to total to 80%, so 480/600, therefore being able to score an average of 75 in C1-2 and your two applied modules. And ofc the higher you get in C3/C4, the lower you need in the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thahleel)
    An average of 80% across the A Level, including an average of 90% in C3 and C4 (meaning 89 in C3 and 91 in C4 or 85 in C3 and 95 in C4 or whatever), which totals to a minimum score of 83.4% across the A Level (500/600 UMS)
    the quote in red is not true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    the quote in red is not true
    Corrections, it's not true, I forgot about the 80% rule there. You just need it to total to 80%, so 480/600, therefore being able to score an average of 75 in C1-2 and your two applied modules. And ofc the higher you get in C3/C4, the lower you need in the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thahleel)
    Corrections, it's not true, I forgot about the 80% rule there. You just need it to total to 80%, so 480/600, therefore being able to score an average of 75 in C1-2 and your two applied modules. And ofc the higher you get in C3/C4, the lower you need in the others.
    correction is correct!

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.