Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone have predictions for AQA English lit exam for omam and an inspector calls? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have my exam on the 18th pls help

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking Curley with the b question being about isolation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yea i was thinking curley aswell, has candy cames up before?

ReputationRep:
    yeah candy a been up once, Curleys the only big charicter to not come up, George and Lennie haven't came up separately but have came up 2 times together

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not sure about a, it could even be about a chapter setting, don't forget
    But for b I predict loneliness and isolation.

ReputationRep:
    It can't be loneliness and isolation because it came up last year the 2014 paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellojdndndnddm)
    It can't be loneliness and isolation because it came up last year the 2014 paper
    for AQA? I'm sure it was so thing else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    last year for AQA higher it was George and Lennie and relationships so lonliness has a good chance but so does violence , especially with Curley who hasn't came up yet. how much do you write for AIC question and then the A and A for OMAM? I really need help in this, we're talking paragraphs wise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, does anyone know what the ocr 2014 paper was for OMAM and AIC
    when i say this I am talking texts, like which page etc????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1499)
    last year for AQA higher it was George and Lennie and relationships so lonliness has a good chance but so does violence , especially with Curley who hasn't came up yet. how much do you write for AIC question and then the A and A for OMAM? I really need help in this, we're talking paragraphs wise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm thinking 2 to 2 and a half pages for each as we only have 45 minutes for AIC and OMAM if you split the timings equally. With paragraphs my teacher said to have an intro with a brief summary/ answering of the question with contextual knowledge. Then for the main body you prove the statement you made, writing a lot about a little then a conclusion to summarise your points.E.G. How does Priestley present Mr Birling?Intro: Some social and historical context about why the play was set in 1912 and Priestley's ideas about social responsibiltiy and how it's shown through Mr birling as he's arrogant which is a contrast.Main body: Paragraph 1) How he's presented in Act 1, dramatic irony... Paragraph 2) what he represents e.g. capitalism and maybe the older generation... Paragraph 3: How he contrasts with Inspector then maybe how he doesn't take responsibilityConclusion: Summary and effect Preistley intends on audience etc...Hope this helps somewhat...

ReputationRep:
    Are there any chances for curleys wife or crooks to appear again

ReputationRep:
    Anyways my prediction for OMAM is that candy of most likely Curley will appear which I certainly do not want

And for AIC I feel Gerald is most likely to appear in which case I am doomed 😢

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2015

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.