Turn on thread page Beta

What would you say to someone if they kept inviting themselves to your house watch

ReputationRep:
    If your neighbour says every time she sees you that she 'will pop over and see you tomorrow'. What on earth can you say to that? What would you say and have you encountered a similar situation?

There's only so many time it can be a 'bad time'.

I have an over friendly neighbour who I have no intention of being friends with. She irritates the hell out of me. I cannot make conversation with her as she is so boring. But she constantly informs me she is coming over to mine and will call in the next day. I feel I can't relax in my own home.

ReputationRep:
    "No you won't". That's it.

ReputationRep:
    You can't move out? Or at least be out of the house for most of the day?

ReputationRep:
    Just say you're busy or something. It's not hard lol.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to respond to everything by running away/ignoring it.
    So if it was me I would probably move away or never leave my house. Or maybe sneak out the back? I don't know. I don't recommend this though.

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks for the replies. I am so unassertive and I dont want to offend her as she isn't a bad person, just lacking in social awareness! But I think it's rude to invite yourself to someone's house?

I don't see why she can't invite me out somewhere like a coffee shop or her house even (I wouldn't attend either but she doesn't know that). I could then just make an excuse up.

I can't move:-(

ReputationRep:
    I do of course say I'm busy, ignore the door, pretend I'm on the phone etc. but that only stops her for that one time :-(

ReputationRep:
    difficult to do without offending, personally i'd be a coward and keep the curtains closed. but the another way to do it may be to faint unhappiness or stress and say you just want some time to yourself. not sure if that would work

ReputationRep:
    Slap the b$%$% and tell her she aint s£$%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mezza362)
    Haha thanks for the replies. I am so unassertive and I dont want to offend her as she isn't a bad person, just lacking in social awareness! But I think it's rude to invite yourself to someone's house?

I don't see why she can't invite me out somewhere like a coffee shop or her house even (I wouldn't attend either but she doesn't know that). I could then just make an excuse up.

I can't move:-(
    Maybe you take charge of her "invitations" by going out for a walk with her when you have the time, that'll stop you from feeling like you're being intruded... unless your area is unsafe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mezza362)
    If your neighbour says every time she sees you that she 'will pop over and see you tomorrow'. What on earth can you say to that? What would you say and have you encountered a similar situation?

There's only so many time it can be a 'bad time'.

I have an over friendly neighbour who I have no intention of being friends with. She irritates the hell out of me. I cannot make conversation with her as she is so boring. But she constantly informs me she is coming over to mine and will call in the next day. I feel I can't relax in my own home.
    Tell her you have a work from home night job

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.