The Student Room Group

Conservatives. You Reap What You Sow.

"Britain is too “passively tolerant” and should not leave people to live their lives as they please just because they obey the law, David Cameron has said."

“For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone',"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/britain-is-too-tolerant-and-should-interfere-more-in-peoples-lives-says-david-cameron-10246517.html

You reap what you sow.

We are rapidly moving towards a police state, all because of the greed of the Conservative voters.

Yes the poorest will be the first to go down.

But it looks like you're going down with the rest of us.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This is good news. Finally the hate preachers in Birmingham city centre will be removed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by DiddyDec
This is good news. Finally the hate preachers in Birmingham city centre will be removed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whatever happened to freedom of speech.

You know, that thing the western world was crying over just a few months back, or is that just for Islam?
you really think policy comes through party politics? this stuff is thought out years a head.
We have sown the seeds of recovery after the débâcle of the previous Labour administration. We shall reap the rewards of a strong stable Government, one which is not afraid to protect its citizens against terrorist threats.
Reply 5
Original post by Bill_Gates
you really think policy comes through party politics? this stuff is thought out years a head.

But if you hadn't voted them in, we wouldn't be in this position.
The day you voted conservatives was the day you handed over your freedom.
Reply 6
Original post by the bear
We have sown the seeds of recovery after the débâcle of the previous Labour administration. We shall reap the rewards of a strong stable Government, one which is not afraid to protect its citizens against terrorist threats.

So are you ok, with lengths that David Cameron is willing to go to, to strip you of your personal freedoms and privacy?
Original post by Xin Xang
So are you ok, with lengths that David Cameron is willing to go to, to strip you of your personal freedoms and privacy?

no i am not... he should go further
"Britain is too “passively tolerant” and should not leave people to live their lives as they please just because they obey the law, David Cameron has said."

“For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone',"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/britain-is-too-tolerant-and-should-interfere-more-in-peoples-lives-says-david-cameron-10246517.html

You reap what you sow.

We are rapidly moving towards a police state, all because of the greed of the Conservative voters.

Yes the poorest will be the first to go down.

But it looks like you're going down with the rest of us.

That's a truly appallingly written article.
Reply 9
Original post by Mad Vlad
That's a truly appallingly written article.

Yes I thought so too. The Gaurdian article is much better.
Original post by the bear
one which is not afraid to protect its citizens against terrorist threats.

Bugger that; I don't want bureaucrats and party politicians deciding what I'm allowed to think, or where and with whom I'm permitted to express it. This is scary: following the law is no longer enough to ward you from the government's ire, avarice and capriciousness.

Don't 'protect' me with chains.
Original post by Sir Candour
Bugger that; I don't want bureaucrats and party politicians deciding what I'm allowed to think, or where and with whom I'm permitted to express it. This is scary: following the law is no longer enough to ward you from the government's ire, avarice and capriciousness.

unfortunately the terror chaps do not realise how special you are... they will blow you up just the same as the rest of us.
I don't want it to be legal for people to share their views in a public forum of any kind if those views are hateful, irrational, or potentially harmful to society if there's a danger others might be convinced by them. It is very unlikely that these new laws would be used to put down protests against government policy - such a move would destroy public confidence in government and prevent the Conservatives from being voted in again for a long time.

All the new measures being proposed, including the Snooper's Charter, are designed to be used to protect citizens from both radicalisation and terrorist activities. People who have the ideology of 'absolute right to say anything at all, anywhere, anytime and also communicate whatever I want, to whoever I want, without surveillance' are effectively campaigning to create an extremist's dream world.

The millions of people, who send tens or hundreds of messages/tweets/updates every day, create such a vast pool of constant data that the chances of a human 'snooping' on your data is tiny unless filters detect that you are very interested in buses to Syria or bomb-making. The government doesn't have time to care about your illegal media downloads or other 'questionable' online shenanigans - they care about prevent the spread of terrorist activity.

'The poorest will be the first to go down'? No. The terrorists will, and good riddance.
Original post by Bill_Gates

Well, the Lib Dems held it back, so you're sort of right.

Yes I thought so too. The Gaurdian article is much better.

*Graniaud.
Original post by Star Light
I don't want it to be legal for people to share their views in a public forum of any kind if those views are hateful, irrational, or potentially harmful to society if there's a danger others might be convinced by them. It is very unlikely that these new laws would be used to put down protests against government policy - such a move would destroy public confidence in government and prevent the Conservatives from being voted in again for a long time.

All the new measures being proposed, including the Snooper's Charter, are designed to be used to protect citizens from both radicalisation and terrorist activities. People who have the ideology of 'absolute right to say anything at all, anywhere, anytime and also communicate whatever I want, to whoever I want, without surveillance' are effectively campaigning to create an extremist's dream world.

The millions of people, who send tens or hundreds of messages/tweets/updates every day, create such a vast pool of constant data that the chances of a human 'snooping' on your data is tiny unless filters detect that you are very interested in buses to Syria or bomb-making. The government doesn't have time to care about your illegal media downloads or other 'questionable' online shenanigans - they care about prevent the spread of terrorist activity.

'The poorest will be the first to go down'? No. The terrorists will, and good riddance.

bad news for TSR then :colondollar:
Ok lets just end this here, as I'm not sure where you are going with this.

It was simply a metaphor to describe what he is doing to us. That is all I meant.

Fair enough. You seem to think that Mr Cameron hates the people of Britain. He is only trying to protect us against clear and present danger.
Original post by Sir Candour

1984 - George Orwell... anyone? It's worrying. They're probably watching us from all of our screens right now. WAVE:wavey:
What an absolutely awful comment from Mr. Cameron, yikes.
But if you hadn't voted them in, we wouldn't be in this position.
The day you voted conservatives was the day you handed over your freedom.

you didn't get what i said...........people behind the curtain probably been planning this for a while.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Well, the Lib Dems held it back, so you're sort of right.

*Graniaud.

Been getting a lot of pro right wing media throughout the election and before and after. Maybe this was all apart of the plan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending