Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm hopefully going to be attending Leeds uni this year and have just applied to Oxley but I am having second thoughts and thinking of changing to Lupton. Although Oxley looks like a better accomodation with it's own gym, common room, etc it's quite a trek away from the uni. Lupton looks good due to the social aspects with Headinlgey having lots of shops and pubs. Would just like to know what the good and bad points of each and which people think are better. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Never been to Oxley, but it seems expensive for such a distant place.

Lupton is where I live. Super cheap and social and amazing local amenities. Much closer than Oxley.
    It isn't much on the eye, though.

Depends if you want quality vs location. Is cost an issue or not?

ReputationRep:
    I would honestly say Lupton for sure! I was at Leeds last year and was in Lupton (bias i know), i knew a lot of people at Oxley who really didn't like it as it is so removed from the rest of the city and other accommodation.

Lupton is the accommodation that no-one applies for but everyone loves despite the fact it resembles a Swedish woman's prison...

ReputationRep:
    Lived in oxley for a term and its great if you want to spend time in pleasent quiet surroundings and work hard its set in a quiet wooded area near a country park hotel near the sports fields, its crap if you want to go out boozing loads. Buses are regular tho and not too slow. Lupton better for bars etc in headingly and closer to city it is less 'pleasent' tho. Flats in oxley are nicer.

ReputationRep:
    But i would go for lupton because i like boozing

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.