Turn on thread page Beta

why is uni life so hard? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,
    i was wandering if anyone else feels like me ? at the moment i am suffering from writers block like never before i have had to get extensions on three assignments. I'm hoping i can get some work done tonight and all day tomaz, i just feel very down atm. Life feels bleak and i have depression and had it worse in the past, but for some reason i can't help but feel as though i have nothing to look forward to, uni is stressful work is hard and boring at times ,........ does anyone else feel like this ? and how do you cope ? deal with stuff ?

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear how you're feeling at the moment, but I assure you that you're not the only one feeling this way - I actually know a few people who've had experiences very similar to your own.

It seems that your feelings have been interfering with your studies, but I'm glad to hear that you've sought support in terms of getting essay extensions. Perhaps it's worth seeking additional support to help you overcome your feelings? You could speak to the welfare support staff at your uni to see how they can support you during your studies. I would also recommend that you consider having counselling, as I feel talking with a professional about your feelings would really help you to process and overcome them. In case you haven't already, maybe you'd consider speaking to your doctor about using medication to treat your condition?

When you say you find uni work hard and boring, I'd imagine that most students would be able to relate to this comment. But consider this... how often do you feel this way? Is it that you find certain modules/topics difficult and boring, or is this more your general attitude towards the course? It is far from my aim to incite fear and doubt, but I just wonder if you're truly happy with your chosen path. If you feel you need some extra support in this regard, it may be a good idea to speak to your careers advisor, to help clarify things a little.

Finally, I really think that regularly engaging in both social and sporting activities would benefit your health and wellbeing. A more structured routine would likely give you things to focus on and look forward to, as well as help improve your self-worth and give you a sense of purpose. You'd also have the opportunity to meet new people and use these meetings as a platform to discuss whatever you happen to be feeling at the time. Volunteering is equally satisfying in this respect. Doing a paid job would likely improve your independence and self-reliance through enabling you to go out and earn your own money.

I hope my suggestions are of some help to you.

Remember to speak out about your feelings and that there are many support groups out there, through which you can communicate with people in the same position as yourself.

Last, but not least, the only way from here is up!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.