The Student Room Group

I am a recovered IV heroin addict, AMA

Off the back of my 'would you date an ex addict' thread...

Probably no one is interested but I used to use heroin and Oxy on a regular basis. Ask me anything, or don't if its way too boring :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Have you tried dank kush and how was it if you have?
Original post by AvaAdore
Off the back of my 'would you date an ex addict' thread...

Probably no one is interested but I used to use heroin and Oxy on a regular basis. Ask me anything, or don't if its way too boring :tongue:

What got you into them?
How did it feel to be addicted?
How long have you been off them?
Why did you stop?

:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by somemightsay888
Have you tried dank kush and how was it if you have?

Lol. I am skeptical about its existence above other strains, I have smoked a lot of weed but for me it was all about the opiates/opioids

Weed can help when you're on a heroin click though, if you can't get any benzos
Lol. I am skeptical about its existence above other strains, I have smoked a lot of weed but for me it was all about the opiates/opioids

Weed can help when you're on a heroin click though, if you can't get any benzos

What do you think of based God GabeN?
Reply 5
Original post by hellodave5
What got you into them?
How did it feel to be addicted?
How long have you been off them?
Why did you stop?

:smile:

Started on codeine, which is the baby of the opioids, loved the feeling but tolerance grows fast so I ended up on heroin

Being addicted felt awful like i had no way out. I had to use everyday or i would get physically very sick

I've been abstinent 4 years

I got off th because I had nothing left, and knew my options were death, prison or recovery. I kicked by myself, with the help of 2 suboxone, some benzos and weed. Also lucozade to help woth electrolytes with the not eating and constant ****ting and puking.it was physically the worst 2.5 weeks of my life. Psychological effects lasted about a year
do you think drugs are a mug's game ?
Started on codeine, which is the baby of the opioids, loved the feeling but tolerance grows fast so I ended up on heroin

Being addicted felt awful like i had no way out. I had to use everyday or i would get physically very sick

I got off th because I had nothing left, and knew my options were death, prison or recovery. I kicked by myself, with the help of 2 suboxone, some benzos and weed. Also lucozade to help woth electrolytes with the not eating and constant ****ting and puking.it was physically the worst 2.5 weeks of my life. Psychological effects lasted about a year

Wow... well done mate!! :smile:. Sounds like a really difficult time.
Have your attitudes and aims in life changed significantly during the time of addiction, and now you're abstinent?
Reply 8
Original post by somemightsay888
What do you think of based God GabeN?

youre a funny guy, pal.
Reply 9
Original post by the bear
do you think drugs are a mug's game ?

not necessarily. In my line of work we have a non-judgemental view. It's about harm minimisation rather than condemning people's choices. For example many people use recreationally for many years with no problematic consequences.

Im of the opinion that alcohol is the worst drug. It kills more than any other. And alcohol and benzos are the only drug you can die from the withdrawal from.
not necessarily. In my line of work we have a non-judgemental view. It's about harm minimisation rather than condemning people's choices. For example many people use recreationally for many years with no problematic consequences.

Im of the opinion that alcohol is the worst drug. It kills more than any other. And alcohol and benzos are the only drug you can die from the withdrawal from.

Well done for getting off them.
Reply 11
Original post by hellodave5
Wow... well done mate!! :smile:. Sounds like a really difficult time.Have your attitudes and aims in life changed significantly during the time of addiction, and now you're abstinent?

thats nice of you to say, thanks.

yeah it's hard to have aims as an addict because a. You block out negative feelings - feeling guilty about using? Sad that you're going nowhere? Ashamed of what your loved ones are going through? Well there's an easy solution to those feelings - more drugs! And b. when you're addicted life revolves around drugs. My day was wake up early dopesick, try to fight it until I was so sick id go meet my dealer, he was always late. I'd fix up and either be high/functional (e.g not sick). Comes to evening and start thinking about doing another shot, start getting sick again. Constantly thinking about it and worrying I won't get it and will be really sick

without dope I feel like I can take interest in the life a young woman is supposed to have. I notice more and have more empathy. I also don't take **** and I don't expect people to take **** from me.
Reply 12
Original post by the bear
Well done for getting off them.

That's sure nice of you to say, thanks. I was expecting a lot more hate. Most people around me are in substance misuse so my perception is a bit skewed.
End the war on drugs, end the criminilisation of users which destroys their lives, how about a war on addiction??

How about a war on sending addicted people to jail, where they meet real criminals, where they are now in a position where they will struggle to obtain a good job nevermind a career after obtaining a criminal record.

Lets stop this bull****, ivest money into reforming the addicted, not criminalising them!

How did you have the Codeine? Syrup? And was it recreational use, at parties etc?
That's sure nice of you to say, thanks. I was expecting a lot more hate. Most people around me are in substance misuse so my perception is a bit skewed.

Good luck :wink:
Describe the feeling

Codeine pills are great. I used to have a repeat prescription of them.

I've been on morphine for a while in hospital. Have you ever had it morphine? How would you compare them? It was a pretty strong dose out of a serious surgery.
Also, how long into your addiction did your family members find out? And how did they find out?

Well done for getting through it!
Reply 19
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
Codeine pills are great. I used to have a repeat prescription of them. I've been on morphine for a while in hospital. Have you ever had it morphine? How would you compare them? It was a pretty strong dose out of a serious surgery.

Codeine is converted to morphine in the liver. Do you mean straight up codeine phosphate or co-codamol? If the latter, be careful with that **** cos the paracetamol will kill you way faster than the opiates would

ive never had morphine medically administered in a way I can remember so I can't really compare - plus everyone reacts different and situational tolerance is a factor - however as I said I used to shoot Oxy and that is approx twice as strong as morphine.

Quick Reply

Latest