Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im in abit of a pickle, Im not at uni but I am self-studying for a certain exam using a combination of videos (which I pay for on a per month) the clock is ticking and the exam is soon, Im finding that because its a deep subject and Im writing the notes its taking me 5x longer to get through one section of the book (each section is weighty) Does anyone know of any good note taking software that ables you to organise notes for typing on a computer? Or has anyone used this method of revision before? Ive always been told its better to hand write your notes, in regards to actually memorising the content.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One-Note it's really good. You can organise your notes very well.

Also you should study first and THEN take notes: that will act as a form of light revision as well since you already know the material (I do this and it's quite effective).

And tbh I retain even when I take notes on my laptop since I pay attention and read aloud when typing. Hand-writing notes it's too much of a hassle. I only hand write flashcards and unit outlines.

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.