Turn on thread page Beta

So the tories are taking away the human rights act? watch

ReputationRep:
    And so it begins.
    Are you happy now you right-wing morons?
    Might as well move to north Korea at least live is cheaper over there.

ReputationRep:
    And replacing it with a new act.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Capital punishment for Labour voters when?

ReputationRep:
    They're REPLACING it....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather the human rights act complied and agreed on by multiple governments than something made up by the tories ffs
    Such pathetic exceptionalism

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they're replacing it, but should we trust the Tories with protecting our rights?

ReputationRep:
    very happy

ReputationRep:
    OP: just out of interest why do you think replacing the human rights act with a new system (a UK bill of rights I believe?) is 'moronic'?

ReputationRep:
    I don't necessarily oppose a British Bill of Rights, but I fear that:

1) It won't have all necessary protections contained within it; for instance: that of privacy.

2) It can, and will, be amended, or down-right ignored, at the behest of any and all parliamentary legislature. How exactly is this bill of rights meant to be enforced, and what authority does it hold?

ReputationRep:
    Going to see what the british bill of rights says before im outraged,

ReputationRep:
    It's their job to replace, improve and update ffs...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Theyre simply replacing it for if the UK leave the EU in 2017. The media have just simply twist it to seem as if theyre scrapping it altogether and not replacing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by small_circles)
    It's their job to replace, improve and update ffs...
    Human rights are pretty fundamental and the act is already able to look after all humans and provide them with their rights. Why would you replace that?

As for improvements and updates, in this context that means taking human rights away from people. I'm not aware that they're going to add in any other ones, so all you can do at this point is subtract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keileymclachlan)
    Theyre simply replacing it for if the UK leave the EU in 2017. The media have just simply twist it to seem as if theyre scrapping it altogether and not replacing it.
    Are you comfortable with us potentially leaving the EU? The prospect of a referendum was one (of many) of the reasons I couldn't vote tory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keileymclachlan)
    It's part of our law and if we leave the EU it will still be part of our law.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they want to get rid of it but they want to replace it with the British Bill of Rights. The question is why? There is nothing bad, evil or stupid on the humans right act so there is no reason to change it. Answer: So that privacy becomes less of a right so they can continue with their laws to invade our privacy (such as they are doing with the "snoopers charter").

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisyfreshgirl8)
    Are you comfortable with us potentially leaving the EU? The prospect of a referendum was one (of many) of the reasons I couldn't vote tory.
    Hell no, I dont support it, I think it would be stupid to leave the EU!

ReputationRep:
    better than any **** that labour would put into play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seaholme)
    It's part of our law and if we leave the EU it will still be part of our law.
    EU law is a part of our constitution, yes, but if we leave the EU, why would we still have their law as a part of it? Thats kinda the point of leaving to get rid of the power they have over us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by small_circles)
    They're REPLACING it....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh really.
    Please do some research and see what they ate replacing it with.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.