Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in my AS year. I am doing Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Law.
    I am predicted all As at AS apart from law in this case I guess it's not really relevant to the course anyway. I am planning to take up a further maths AS as my fourth option whilst dropping law. I was wondering what the entry standards are like for physics courses at Exeter are like, would an AAA in the maths and two science listed above be good enough for me to gain a place? (AAA @ A2 ofcouse)

ReputationRep:
    Most probably yes. You could check the website to be absolutely sure but that would have got you in this year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to do exactly the same course and am also wondering if I'll get the grades. Also, how much do they take into account your personal statement and references from teachers?

ReputationRep:
    Well AAB is probably the minimum you would want to be looking for.

As for personal statement and references, I'm not 100% sure. I know they read them properly though as my interviewer talked through mine with me (so don't lie).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitenoise)
    Well AAB is probably the minimum you would want to be looking for.

As for personal statement and references, I'm not 100% sure. I know they read them properly though as my interviewer talked through mine with me (so don't lie).
    Good job they read them properly! I've got lots of extra things I've done to show I'm interested in the subject so it will give something to talk about. Also planning on doing an EPQ on the timeline of the formation of the solar system. Hopefully that will show my interest too. People doing physics, are you going to the open day on Saturday?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I applied for the exact same course in January and the interviewers take PS's pretty seriously. They're mostly interested in your teacher's reference and extra physics-connected activities and interests.
    I don't know about A-levels, but for IB, the entry requirements are said to be 34-36 points. I've got an offer for 36 points with one 6 and one 5 in maths and physics HL.
    As for the interview, I had mine via Skype and it was pretty casual and the teacher was really friendly.
    If I don't make my firm choice (Bath), I'm looking forward to seeing you in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azulu)
    Hey!
    I applied for the exact same course in January and the interviewers take PS's pretty seriously. They're mostly interested in your teacher's reference and extra physics-connected activities and interests.
    I don't know about A-levels, but for IB, the entry requirements are said to be 34-36 points. I've got an offer for 36 points with one 6 and one 5 in maths and physics HL.
    As for the interview, I had mine via Skype and it was pretty casual and the teacher was really friendly.
    If I don't make my firm choice (Bath), I'm looking forward to seeing you in September!
    Hey, can I ask what extra curricular physics-related things you recommend doing/books to read?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbutterjam)
    Hey, can I ask what extra curricular physics-related things you recommend doing/books to read?
    Do the Exeter summer course, thatll really help you

University open days

1. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Exeter Guide

Accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

Quick Link:

Unanswered University of Exeter Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.