Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do in this scenario? watch

ReputationRep:
    You're innocent of murder but the outcome of your pending case looks hopeless as in 85% chance you will go to prison for 20 years with a 50% reduction in sentence for good behaviour when in prison or would you take a deal to admit to the crime and have your sentence reduced to 8 years no parol, OR would you fight your hopeless case and pray on the 15% hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stay in prison for 10 years because of my good behaviour, criminal record wouldn't look good on me. If it wasn't for the criminal record I would have picked the eight year option.

ReputationRep:
    Take the 15% chance. If it fails well...don't drop the soap i guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protégé)
    Stay in prison for 10 years because of my good behaviour, criminal record wouldn't look good on me. If it wasn't for the criminal record I would have picked the eight year option.
    You're not taking into account you may not be able to be good due to other prisoners, you would have to kisd the guards asses and rent your ass out to keep both parties sweet. Just depends how far you're prepared to go. Id probs take the 8yrs if it came down to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.P)
    You're not taking into account you may not be able to be good due to other prisoners, you would have to kisd the guards asses and rent your ass out to keep both parties sweet. Just depends how far you're prepared to go. Id probs take the 8yrs if it came down to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you actually know what constitutes 'good behaviour' in prison or are you just saying this?

I'm not sure to what extent the prison rape thing is true..

I'm a strapping young lad though, if I was a prisoner I'd rape me too.

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually know what constitutes 'good behaviour' in prison or are you just saying this?

I'm not sure to what extent the prison rape thing is true..

I'm a strapping young lad though, if I was a prisoner I'd rape me too.
    I spent 4 days in prison on remand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.P)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whatcha do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.P)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll take that as a no, then. Unless you actually were actually informed or you researched what 'good behaviour' is defined as in prison.

ReputationRep:
    I'll take that as a no, then. Unless you actually were actually informed or you researched what 'good behaviour' is defined as in prison.
    From the little I experienced, people who did the workshop courses and took GCSEs/A levels/degrees and had a spotless prison record as in no fighting, no contraband got out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Whatcha do?
    Thats a story for another day, but I will say this now... It was a complete setup

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.P)
    From the little I experienced, people who did the workshop courses and took GCSEs/A levels/degrees and had a spotless prison record as in no fighting, no contraband got out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do they not take into account things like self defence or do they just have a strict non-negotiable policy on no fighting?

ReputationRep:
    Do they not take into account things like self defence or do they just have a strict non-negotiable policy on no fighting?
    Your question was my first question upon arrival and I was told I must use reasonable force to get out of the situation and attempt to backoff. Whats considered reasonable is up to the prison guards, honestly its so easy to get into a fight in there, cant even put it into words. By day 2 I was already having issues with a certain group of inmates over a stupid thing involving coughing next to someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.P)
    Your question was my first question upon arrival and I was told I must use reasonable force to get out of the situation and attempt to backoff. Whats considered reasonable is up to the prison guards, honestly its so easy to get into a fight in there, cant even put it into words. By day 2 I was already having issues with a certain group of inmates over a stupid thing involving coughing next to someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn. I imagine that prison is riddled with such petty, weak filth.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.