Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so ever since i could remember all i ever wanted to do was medicine, but i think my chances have been completely screwed. So i went to sixth form last year and 3/4 of the way my grandad got ill so we had to move house to be closer and i couldn't transfer college because of different exam boards meaning i only got the chance to sit one exam (Psychology). This year i continued with A2 psychology but got bored of doing the same bio and chem classes all over again for another year so i chose unrelated a levels and thought id try the widening access route with non-science A Levels. I still do Maths though. I ended up with a B in psychology at AS because i got and A in unit 1 and an E in unit 2 after i had moved college and self taught the end of the course (does this count as extenuating circumstances?) So i re-sat the unit 2 module which i guess messed up my chances i assumed? This year Im predicted A*(A2) AB(AS) is this even remotely possible to still be accepted? Im worried about the fact that it says a levels must be completed in 2 years. They have individually but not as a whole?
    Someone be brutal and tell me my chances please? Anyone experienced anything similar?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2015

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.