AshleaJade
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, so ever since i could remember all i ever wanted to do was medicine, but i think my chances have been completely screwed. So i went to sixth form last year and 3/4 of the way my grandad got ill so we had to move house to be closer and i couldn't transfer college because of different exam boards meaning i only got the chance to sit one exam (Psychology). This year i continued with A2 psychology but got bored of doing the same bio and chem classes all over again for another year so i chose unrelated a levels and thought id try the widening access route with non-science A Levels. I still do Maths though. I ended up with a B in psychology at AS because i got and A in unit 1 and an E in unit 2 after i had moved college and self taught the end of the course (does this count as extenuating circumstances?) So i re-sat the unit 2 module which i guess messed up my chances i assumed? This year Im predicted A*(A2) AB(AS) is this even remotely possible to still be accepted? Im worried about the fact that it says a levels must be completed in 2 years. They have individually but not as a whole?
Someone be brutal and tell me my chances please? Anyone experienced anything similar?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads