The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do triple science you have been entered for double?

ok so, my school has automatically entered me for double science even though I reallyyy enjoy science and want to work in a science related job when I'm older, I've read that triple science is useful if you want to study a science at A-levels (which I will defiantly be doing) so I just feel that I can and should be doing triple science for my own benefit! But how? Should I talk to my teachers about this or just leave it alone and work hard for my mocks?

Also, does doing double science prevent you from going to top universities (Cambridge, imperial, UCL) ?

:/ please help, really stressed
What year are you in now? I would suggest asking your teachers, but if nobody in your year group is doing triple science it perhaps would not be appropriate- or if you are too far into the course it may be too late to change now as unit 3 science is quite a lot to learn in a short space of time :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lotusflower99
What year are you in now? I would suggest asking your teachers, but if nobody in your year group is doing triple science it perhaps would not be appropriate- or if you are too far into the course it may be too late to change now as unit 3 science is quite a lot to learn in a short space of time :smile:

I'm in year 10 now :smile: and there are two triple science classes so I could probably move but I
Reply 3
Original post by lotusflower99

:/ sorry about that
Anyway, I'm just not sure how to move sets or if I even can? Is it too late?
Also, what should I say to my teacher? what would you do?
Original post by mousy23500
ok so, my school has automatically entered me for double science even though I reallyyy enjoy science and want to work in a science related job when I'm older, I've read that triple science is useful if you want to study a science at A-levels (which I will defiantly be doing) so I just feel that I can and should be doing triple science for my own benefit! But how? Should I talk to my teachers about this or just leave it alone and work hard for my mocks?

Also, does doing double science prevent you from going to top universities (Cambridge, imperial, UCL) ?

:/ please help, really stressed

Talk to your teachers to get entered for triple. At our school we learned the first GCSE in the first year and both the second and third in the second year.

It is useful but it doesn't matter too much because you can catch up quickly at sixth form, but you may as well do it given the option.

What A-levels are you thinking of taking? I'm in second year of A-levels taking triple science among others.
Reply 5
Original post by web-girl
Do you not do any actual science GCSE's in year 10. In our school its too late to change now because people have started their exams in year 10. But if I was you definitely talk to your teachers and if they refuse bring your parents into school and let them question the teachers into why your not able to move. Just get good grades, probably similar to those people who are in TS or higher and I suggest you get started on learning the extension units like P3, C3 and B3, if you think your going to move up.

well I'm thinking of taking Biology, French, psychology and either German, Italian, Japanese or another science/human science, but I'm not quite sure.
Also, no, were not allowed to do any of our GCSE's until next year! which is good for me I guess as it gives me a chance to move up :biggrin:

but errr my school just frustrates me so muchh! I mean, I actually have a personal interest in sciences (especially bio, lol love David Attenborough's docs :biggrin: ) But literally all of my science class just can't be bothered, I feel so out of place :frown: And it's like I just wanna be in a class where people revise for tests, want to do well and aspire to bid things, not a class full of zombies u know.... it's jus depressing...
Just feel like the teachers are so clueless! IF I'm gettin a B and the rest of the class gettin D's - U's I ovs need to move up to a class where I'm CHALLENGED more!

But anyway, enough ranting :smile: Thank you!! You have been so much help!!
I will start revising P3, B3 and C3 straight away!
Reply 6
Original post by morgan8002
Talk to your teachers to get entered for triple. At our school we learned the first GCSE in the first year and both the second and third in the second year.

It is useful but it doesn't matter too much because you can catch up quickly at sixth form, but you may as well do it given the option.

What A-levels are you thinking of taking? I'm in second year of A-levels taking triple science among others.

sorry morgan8002 for only sending the previous reply to web girl! It should have been for both you and web girl, as you have both helped me so much and have been so kind for answering.
My head is so much clearer now :smile: thank you.
now I see that it is going to be hard work to get where I wanna be but at least I know how (still nervous about approaching one of my teachers though :/)

Again, another massive thank you to both of you!
sincerely me :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest