Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay doing a few estimates and want to figure out the average spend per week.

1. I want to know how much you usually spend on shopping.
    2. How much you spend on a night out.
    3. How many times you go out per week.

In Liverpool £40-£60 is a typical night out, is Bolton much cheaper? Looking at £4+ for doubles on weekends. Some places you can get house spirits or vodka for around £3.

I'm assuming typical food shop is gonna be around £30.

I'm the type of person who will want to go out as much as possible during my first year, so any help with what I'm gonna be looking at in terms of spending?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by D.MCK)
    Okay doing a few estimates and want to figure out the average spend per week.
    1. I want to know how much you usually spend on shopping.
    2. How much you spend on a night out.
    3. How many times you go out per week.
    In Liverpool £40-£60 is a typical night out, is Bolton much cheaper? Looking at £4+ for doubles on weekends. Some places you can get house spirits or vodka for around £3.

I'm assuming typical food shop is gonna be around £30.

I'm the type of person who will want to go out as much as possible during my first year, so any help with what I'm gonna be looking at in terms of spending?
    Hi D.MCK,
    Clare here, Rep for the University of Bolton.

I’m afraid I can’t give you exact figures, but rest assured there are plenty of inexpensive places to eat, drink and buy groceries – from cheap chains like Wetherspoons and Aldi to independent places such as the Manchester Superstore, just behind the University campus (great for rice and pasta, tins of beans ad tomatoes, and fresh fruit and veg for next to nothing!).
    Our Halls of Residence are good value, too, at approx. £80 per week including utility bills. And if you pop along to the events and Freshers’ Fair during Welcome Week, you’ll pick up loads of vouchers and loyalty cards for discounts at outlets and venues around town.
    Hope this helps!
    Clare

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.