The Student Room Group

"ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer"

SO basically my mum has this annoying boyfriend which is a bit bossy and annoying sometimes.

My mum was in the kitchen and I asked what smells of toast and he said toast, which was understandable.

He then said "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer" it was either stupid or silly, can't remember. Then I said "that's only what douchebags say to justify being rude to people" he just said no but that was it. I don't like making people feel bad but I had to say that. What do you think of that saying?
Reply 1
Lol. I'd have said "Grow up, It isn't really a stupid question if I thought something was burning."

Edit: Didn't see your question. I guess in some respects I agree with it, but he seems rather immature to be so hostile over something so trivial.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by corpeal
Lol. I'd have said "Grow up, It isn't really a stupid question if I thought something was burning."

Edit: Didn't see your question. I guess in some respects I agree with it, but he seems rather immature to be so hostile over something so trivial.

I wasn't hostile, I didn't say it in an agressive way. It was like "ohhhh that's just what rude people say to justify being rude to people.
Reply 3
Original post by CrimsonRainDrops
I wasn't hostile, I didn't say it in an agressive way. It was like "ohhhh that's just what rude people say to justify being rude to people.

Not saying you were being hostile buddy. I meant your mom's boyfriend.
Original post by CrimsonRainDrops

My mum was in the kitchen and I asked what smells of toast and he said toast, which was understandable.

He then said "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer"

Well from this I seem to like this guy.
Is Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?

Quick Reply

Latest