Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have a chronic illness that has affected my studies resulting in incomplete years of study and years of 'Leave of absence'.for hospital treatment.

As a general rule how many years of 'Compelling personal reasons' can be taken into account when making exemptions to the 'Length of course + 1' rule?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

There is no limit to how many years of CPR you can be granted. So long as you can demonstrate appropriate reason for not completing a year, it's always possible to have that year excluded from the equation.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mark,

Thank you. Due to my disability I can't phone SFE by my Dad was told that it's only possible to claim one year of CPR and that my final year at University (i.e. next year as I am studying for a 4-year undergrad) wouldn't be sponsored

I have only had 2 years of studies that were not affected by my chronic illness (i.e. 2 years that I was able to complete), I've also had 2.5 years of leave of absence and another 2.5 years of studying that were severely affected by my illness. I had hospital treatment and quite a lot of medical evidence and supplied a letter from my Consultant to cover the years that were affected so I'm a little unsure why my Dad was told this?

Thanks for your help.

Also just as an aside I am still undergoing medical treatment and although I have applied and been accepted for maintenance and tuition fee funding this year I may not be able to return to my course (I'm currently on leave due to ill-health). If I am unable to return to my course then I will not be permitted to return to the same University to complete my course- should this happen would I be able to get funding for another course? Should I be able to get another 2 years as I have only completed 2 years so far?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Katy100.

In order to apply for CPR there has to have been a year that you did not complete due to medical reasons. If there is one year where this occurred you can apply for one year of CPR, if there was 2 years you had to leave due to illness then you can apply for CPR for these 2 years.

It's likely the adviser meant you only needed on additional year of CPR in order to complete your course. You can send in evidence from a GP or from the college/uni confirming the reasons you had to leave and we will add these back on.

Thanks.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.