The Student Room Group

Want to dye hair from natural blonde to black - seek advice (male)

Alright so basically I've been growing my hair since January....it's a total mess but I'm trying to grow out a messy fringe (undercuts / shaved sides are on their way out of style imo)....right now I'm a (rare to come by) natural blonde - I've never dyed my hair ever before. But right now I feel young and rebellious and fancy dyeing it black...

Example of colour: http://41.media.tumblr.com/fcc0c813a2d3d0fa9fb4f9d647c5953f/tumblr_nl9ie5aeGu1s91nkco1_500.jpg

So what should I do to get it dyed? I genuinely have no clue what the best way of doing it is / how expensive it will be? Any tips in gen? Thanks in adv x
DONT DO IT! Natural hair color is always the best.
Whilst I disagree with the above poster (obviously), I wouldn't recommend doing it.

I imagine you'll probably regret it. Black is a very, very hard colour to pull off - mine is naturally a dark brown and it's the only colour I've ever hated having because it looked so stark against my skin. It's also pretty much impossible to get out (there's no way you'd ever be able to get back to your natural colour) so you'd have to cut all your hair off if you got bored. There's also the issue of your eyebrows looking weird.

If you do decide to do it (don't!) then a box dye would be fine - you might get a bit around your ears but as long as you make sure you properly saturate your hair it's not really necessary to go to a hairdressers or anything.

Why not try going a little bit darker gradually, with a demi permanent colour, these fade out, although usually not completely - casting creme gloss by garnier is great. It claims to last for around 28 shampoos, the first few will fade it quite drastically in my experience, but then the colour tends to stick around longer than that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending