Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Long story short I've just completed my first year of university but I have now discovered that the course and university life just isn't for me.
    I will be soon applying for jobs and I was wondering if I should mention my first year of study in my C.v or cover letter at all? as I'm not too sure how helpful or relevant it would be. I studied Sports Coaching and am now looking to work in customer service or similar.

Any help would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'd say you should mention it and explain why you decided it wasn't for you. Speak about any societies or sports you did while at Uni and you can always mention that despite this there was a certain module you enjoyed. Just make sure you keep it positive, it's much better to say you tried something and it didn't work out than leaving a 1 year black hole in your CV. Hey, Uni isn't for everyone after all. Good luck with the job hunt, hope my answer has been somewhat helpful.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.