Hey there, I have a first world problem - have to decide between Cambridge or Oxford for a Masters of Computer Science. Was surprised to get offers for both, having recently failed the Google / Facebook interviews.
Here is my thinking at the moment:
+ Better reputation / rating for CS
+ Academics in interview asked excellent questions relevant to my experience
+ Prefer the campus - quiet, small, etc
- Course focuses on preparing people for Phd, which I don't plan to do
- Took a few months to get an offer, so I take it they were less interested in my application
- Administration came across as dis-interested / arrogant
+ Courses available are of more interest
+ Received an offer within a week, so I guess they are keen for me to study there
+ Administration was polite, efficient
+ Where I live (commonwealth country) Oxford is more prestigious, probably because of Rhodes scholarship
+ Greater emphasis on preparing people for industry rather than just academia
- Interview only covered basic theory (Big-O of various sorting algs, etc)
- Have a friend studying there who says classmates are very competitive and focus on career (thought they study economics so may not be relevant)
On this basis I am currently leaning towards Oxford...
Some of these points are due to the people I interacted with in the application process and may not be relevant to the university as a whole, so I would love some feedback.
Find out how you've done here