Turn on thread page Beta

Is grossing people out a nice way to 'reject' them? watch

I mean, if someone wants to get with you but they are like too heavy for you to possibly like, but you don't want to be mean to them, would it be nice to gross them out in some way so they don't see you as attractive anymore? That way they will stop bugging you but it won't make any hard feelings for them.

What would be a good way to do this?

ReputationRep:
    I am a bit soft and would be tempted by this approach, but it's a bit cowardly isn't it? The fairest, more direct, and bravest way would be to just tell them straight you aren't interested.

However, I don't have the guts or heart to do that

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, grossing them out can be the only option left tbh. Some people can't get a clue, no matter how direct you are. I've found the 'grossing them out' thing a useful tactic at times. I do prefer the direct approach though. But when you are out of options...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.