Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in first year for Electronic Engineering. I've failed my modules and need to retake them somehow. I failed my modules in the January Exams. After failing internal exams, I felt frustrated and did not come in for the last month of Uni and did not sit the May exams. I felt upset at home for failing so much. I really wanted to retake the exams with a clearer mind and better attitude.

Will there be exams in August so I can retake or will I have to retake a year? I am more than willing to repeat the year because I know I won't do well in year 2 if my foundation is weak.
    I'm really confused and need help so I've sent emails to my head of department but I also need advice from you guys.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirisatha96)
    I am currently in first year for Electronic Engineering. I've failed my modules and need to retake them somehow. I failed my modules in the January Exams. After failing internal exams, I felt frustrated and did not come in for the last month of Uni and did not sit the May exams. I felt upset at home for failing so much. I really wanted to retake the exams with a clearer mind and better attitude.

Will there be exams in August so I can retake or will I have to retake a year? I am more than willing to repeat the year because I know I won't do well in year 2 if my foundation is weak.
    I'm really confused and need help so I've sent emails to my head of department but I also need advice from you guys.

Thanks.
    Every university can set its own regulations on this type of situation, and each instance will be judged on its own merits. All we can tell you is the sort of thing which might happen at our unis, which may be completely irrelevant to you.

If you can't get a reply from your Head of Department, contact your course leader and Student Support function. It's the exam period now, so many academic staff will be up to their ears in admin and marking. You may have to chase for replies.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be Defo be allowed to retake the year, it's all about the $$$$$

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.