Turn on thread page Beta

I have been friends with this guy for over 6 years. (I'm a girl and there's never been romantic interest between us.) I'd call him one of my closest friends, even though I don't see him that much.

I haven't seen him since December when he came to my and my bf's house warming. I have been feeling a bit bad about that but I have been very busy doing placement at uni, and he hasn't contacted me either so I thought I'd just contact him in a few weeks when uni is finished.

He recently added me on a new facebook account so I messaged him asking if it was him (his name was different and his profile picture was of a sculpture.) He said "yes, How are things?" and I replied but got no further response. This was a week ago.

Anyway, last night I posted a status on facebook. Nothing crazy:
    "Nice bit of entertainment for the evening. Another sofa on fire in the garden. The fireman reassured me that people light fires all the time and it's not likely to escalate to the flats getting torched. I watch too much criminal minds!"
    And he commented "You've changed."

It feels like an insult and I'm confused: What does he even mean? and annoyed: why should I even care if he thinks I've changed?

ReputationRep:
    Although it can be upsetting, sometimes people drift apart so keep that in mind and try not to worry about it too much.

I'd send him a message asking what he means, as the post itself is a bit of a weird thing to comment that on - it's not like you were posting saying 'omg done so much cocaine'

Also, it might be that he did have a romantic interest in you, and you just weren't aware of it (this happens A LOT) - because as you said he hasn't contacted you since December, and maybe he's distanced himself because you've moved in with your BF?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it. Clearly you haven't changed that much for him to reply to your inbox message and actually tell you properly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.