Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. For a levels I took biology, chemistry, physics and geography and have just started my AS exams. My first geography (the big 70% exam) went very well and I hope for an A. I did a free standing maths qualification called dynamics for physics yesterday and it did not go as planned. Silly mistakes were made. I'm not too fussed about this one as it's not connected to any of my actual subject grades. With biology and chemistry if it all goes as planned I hope for an A in both which is a big ask but I'm really hoping I achieve. Physics is the one I'm worried about as I got an E in on my ISA which means I have to ace the exams just to get a B which doesn't look likely. My question is how much will this hold me back from my uni choices? For uni I'm looking at Durham for Msci in physical geography or doing biology (haven't looked at unis in detail for it yet). I hope to drop physics and forget about it once and for all. Will unis care about a bad grade in one A level subject? Thanks for any advice.

ReputationRep:
    I got aabc last year (Bio, Psych, Chemistry, Maths in that order)
    I got all of my offers, 4 of which were AAB (ABB insurance is Kent) and firmed Msci Biomedical Science at Warwick.
    Unless they specifically state that you need a certain grade in the fourth AS level, they probably won't care although it would make you a better candidate.
    As long as your predicted grades match the entry requirements and it's realistic compared to your Geo, Chem and Bio grades, it shouldn't be a problem.
    What are the entry requirements for the course?
    Are you predicting yourself aaae?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faithams)
    I got aabc last year (Bio, Psych, Chemistry, Maths in that order)
    I got all of my offers, 4 of which were AAB (ABB insurance is Kent) and firmed Msci Biomedical Science at Warwick.
    Unless they specifically state that you need a certain grade in the fourth AS level, they probably won't care although it would make you a better candidate.
    As long as your predicted grades match the entry requirements and it's realistic compared to your Geo, Chem and Bio grades, it shouldn't be a problem.
    What are the entry requirements for the course?
    Are you predicting yourself aaae?
    Thanks for the reply. For the geog at Durham its A*AA so tough entry requirements. I'm predicted a C in physics, will try for a B but I doubt that will happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dominosh)
    Thanks for the reply. For the geog at Durham its A*AA so tough entry requirements. I'm predicted a C in physics, will try for a B but I doubt that will happen.
    Yeah, that is pretty high! Like I said though, as long as your predicted grades meet the requirements and are realistic you should be fine. Good luck!

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.