Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I wonder if anybody is taking this topic, and if so if they could offer some advice - as I'm struggling to answer questions and get good marks in this topic.

Any examplar answers/ structure you can offer would be very appreciative

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Regular questions:
    12 marker - give two or three reasons as to why whatever the question asked happened, about 1-2 sides
    24 marker - you need to give an introduction (many forget) which can be difficult, I just usually give an overview of said topic, then explain reasons as to why the statement in the question is correct and then give other reasons, and your conclusion doesn't need to be brilliant, just try to round it off with your opinion.

Document questions:
    12 marker - do a paragraph on at least 3 differences of the sources and if you can find one mention a similarity, then a paragraph on putting the sources in context ie say why each source is saying these things at that particular time
    24 marker - do a paragraph on each source explaining how far they agree with the question, then do a mini essay of your own knowledge to basically answer the question

This is some general advice, hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stone6523)
    Regular questions:
    12 marker - give two or three reasons as to why whatever the question asked happened, about 1-2 sides
    24 marker - you need to give an introduction (many forget) which can be difficult, I just usually give an overview of said topic, then explain reasons as to why the statement in the question is correct and then give other reasons, and your conclusion doesn't need to be brilliant, just try to round it off with your opinion.

Document questions:
    12 marker - do a paragraph on at least 3 differences of the sources and if you can find one mention a similarity, then a paragraph on putting the sources in context ie say why each source is saying these things at that particular time
    24 marker - do a paragraph on each source explaining how far they agree with the question, then do a mini essay of your own knowledge to basically answer the question

This is some general advice, hope it helps

Of course it helps, I apppreciate it a lot! Thanks mate

Just to ask a few questions, what do you mean by regular/document, are you reffering to the document questions as the ones with the sources out lied in the question paper?

To help make your statement could you show me any examplar essays? I've been getting As in my mocks but there only weak As as they're mainly level 4 answers (e.g 17/24 marks) and so need to improve them much further... would ask where I went wrong but feel its better to learn independantly, studying how marks are awarded and such.

Anyways thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Yes, by document I mean the source ones

Well the advice I gave is what my teacher says and I usually get level 5 following it, but here's some exemplar questions I found on aqa http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...02SA-HIS2H.PDF

I know exactly what you mean haha, I'm such more comfortable learning independently but then teachers get annoyed if I don't ask then any questions :^)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 16, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.