I found it very easy
    10.34%

ReputationRep:
    title

ReputationRep:
    Piss easy.

ReputationRep:
    disappointing turnout...
    only 10 people did the FP1 and wish to share!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    disappointing turnout...
    only 10 people did the FP1 and wish to share!
    Most are at school still

i found it harder than other papers

ReputationRep:
    Very hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    Most are at school still
    it is 30 now...

I had 3 students on this exam and I have spoken to one of them
    He claims 100% - anything for silly numerical errors

ReputationRep:
    Slightly harder than normal.

ReputationRep:
    I personally found it easier than I was expecting it to be. I had to think a bit for a few questions but nothing inherently difficult.

ReputationRep:
    It was a very good paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    it is 30 now...

I had 3 students on this exam and I have spoken to one of them
    He claims 100% - anything for silly numerical errors
    Hey I'm a great fan of your past papers. Just a quick question, is there any reason why in these polls you ask how hard people found the paper. Surely it would be slightly more useful to ask how hard you found it compared to previous papers, as that way the people who will always find it easy or hard respectively will give an answer that is more indicative of the difficulty of the paper and hence make ums etc easier to predict. Just a suggestion and keep up the good work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't use the term 'hard' to describe it. I would say it was tricky, and definitely harder than last years paper. Last year's paper was heaven and only required 62 for an A. I reckon this years boundaries would be 60 for an A.

The last question was all in terms of p and q which made things really messy. Due to a sign slip I reckon I lost about 2 marks (out of 8) on that. And the last part of the last question was dependent on the previous part so I lost all 3 marks on that. Overall, expecting 70/75 (or in the absolute worse case 69/75).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Hey I'm a great fan of your past papers. Just a quick question, is there any reason why in these polls you ask how hard people found the paper. Surely it would be slightly more useful to ask how hard you found it compared to previous papers, as that way the people who will always find it easy or hard respectively will give an answer that is more indicative of the difficulty of the paper and hence make ums etc easier to predict. Just a suggestion and keep up the good work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the polls are a bit of fun but it is for the student's benefit.
    It will be interesting to see how these responses compare with the actual boundary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    I wouldn't use the term 'hard' to describe it. I would say it was tricky, and definitely harder than last years paper. Last year's paper was heaven and only required 62 for an A. I reckon this years boundaries would be 60 for an A.

The last question was all in terms of p and q which made things really messy. Due to a sign slip I reckon I lost about 2 marks (out of 8) on that. And the last part of the last question was dependent on the previous part so I lost all 3 marks on that. Overall, expecting 70/75 (or in the absolute worse case 69/75).
    I thought the tangent intersection part was done to death already.

ReputationRep:
    quite tricky. think I did ok though. I feel like I got full marks up until question 8.

ReputationRep:
    It was all pretty much standard. I think what caught people out was the second induction question.

I think if you were not fairly familiar with the expansion of (n+1)^2 , then you may not have seen immediately what the factorisation would look like.

Otherwise, I'm expecting very high grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    the polls are a bit of fun but it is for the student's benefit.
    It will be interesting to see how these responses compare with the actual boundary
    Indeed it will. I guess we'll find out come august

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The paper was much better than I expected it to be

ReputationRep:
    What about 90 UMS? What raw mark do you believe someone will need to take in order to achieve this mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesniep)
    What about 90 UMS? What raw mark do you believe someone will need to take in order to achieve this mark.
    I'm guessing 69.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.