Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do in the exam? I feel I did alright.

What questions did everyone answer? I did 1 and 2
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Michaelalouiseb)

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Philosophy, religious studies and theology forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=133

ReputationRep:

I did 2 and 3, the Kant and Teleological ones! I think I did well, I'm pretty confident.
    I was expecting a Kant and Teleological one, however I was rushing 2b due to time! I'll just remember to time all my other exams correctly then hopefully I do alright!
    Though, luckily for me this is a retake so if I did actually fail utterly without even realising, then I have a C to fall back on, but I'll love a B and I'll most likely cry if I get an A!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBeastHunter_)
    I did 2 and 3, the Kant and Teleological ones! I think I did well, I'm pretty confident.
    I was expecting a Kant and Teleological one, however I was rushing 2b due to time! I'll just remember to time all my other exams correctly then hopefully I do alright!
    Though, luckily for me this is a retake so if I did actually fail utterly without even realising, then I have a C to fall back on, but I'll love a B and I'll most likely cry if I get an A!!
    what did you write for kant part b? i absolutely failed that! i mentioned freud's obsessional neurosis, then went on about how people may believe in God for satisfaction cause i got so confused :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariyum64)
    what did you write for kant part b? i absolutely failed that! i mentioned freud's obsessional neurosis, then went on about how people may believe in God for satisfaction cause i got so confused :confused:
    I'm sure I did okay on that question, but, i'll have to agree that the demands of the question were difficult to get.
    I wrote (whether it is correct or not is a second question)...
    - I started with saying the two sides of the statement... moral by guilt or moral by God.
    - I supported the statement that it is just guilt
    - I wrote why, AKA Freud and his religion is a neurosis you are actually moral because... etc.
    - I then went on to say why Freud was wrong, AKA some of Hans Kung's criticism. (Brought in Freud's influence from Feuerbach) But then countering Kung, with why Freud is right. Basically discounting his arguments.
    - Then the second side, Kant. 2 sentence explained his moral argument.
    -Why the argument is good, and why we should disagree with statement.
    -Then used Freud and guilt to discount the theory - basically weaknesses, but linking it the Freud.
    - Then concluding that Freud was right and that it is about guilt, placing high importance on the role of society.

That was pretty much it, without going into too much detail! What other question did you do??

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I did okay on that question, but, i'll have to agree that the demands of the question were difficult to get.
    I wrote (whether it is correct or not is a second question)...
    - I started with saying the two sides of the statement... moral by guilt or moral by God.
    - I supported the statement that it is just guilt
    - I wrote why, AKA Freud and his religion is a neurosis you are actually moral because... etc.
    - I then went on to say why Freud was wrong, AKA some of Hans Kung's criticism. (Brought in Freud's influence from Feuerbach) But then countering Kung, with why Freud is right. Basically discounting his arguments.
    - Then the second side, Kant. 2 sentence explained his moral argument.
    -Why the argument is good, and why we should disagree with statement.
    -Then used Freud and guilt to discount the theory - basically weaknesses, but linking it the Freud.
    - Then concluding that Freud was right and that it is about guilt, placing high importance on the role of society.

That was pretty much it, without going into too much detail! What other question did you do??
    i did the hume one but for that i felt in the part b i basically repeated everything that i said in part a because they were both about hume's criticisms. overall, i basically flopped philosophy haha wbu?

ReputationRep:
    i did the hume one but for that i felt in the part b i basically repeated everything that i said in part a because they were both about hume's criticisms. overall, i basically flopped philosophy haha wbu?
    Well you can always retake!

I answered the teleological one aswell. I'm lucky that I got topic predictions before the exam, they were Kant, God as good, Teleo and Plato - so the predictions are pretty damn close!!

Yeah, my (b) to the teleo one was so ruched because I worked out my timings wrong, so I pretty my did the same. I think I agreed with Hume though, and used Mill and Darwin to back me up. So, I'm expecting not to do the greatest on that question!!

I'm assuming that you're going to do the ethics on the 19th? Are you ready for it??

ReputationRep:
    I did question 1 and 4, and it went really well - except on 1B i messed up and wrote Anselm instead of Augustine

ReputationRep:
    Well you can always retake!

I answered the teleological one aswell. I'm lucky that I got topic predictions before the exam, they were Kant, God as good, Teleo and Plato - so the predictions are pretty damn close!!

Yeah, my (b) to the teleo one was so ruched because I worked out my timings wrong, so I pretty my did the same. I think I agreed with Hume though, and used Mill and Darwin to back me up. So, I'm expecting not to do the greatest on that question!!

I'm assuming that you're going to do the ethics on the 19th? Are you ready for it??
    im probs gna drop phil and eth for a2 so i won't bother retaking haha, im jus hoping i get atleast a b.
    do you know any of the predictions for ethics? im a bit more prepared for it as i understand the content more and enjoy it more haha

ReputationRep:
    I did 1 and 2 aswell, but I don't think it went too well

ReputationRep:
    im probs gna drop phil and eth for a2 so i won't bother retaking haha, im jus hoping i get atleast a b.
    do you know any of the predictions for ethics? im a bit more prepared for it as i understand the content more and enjoy it more haha
    Pahaha, I said the same thing last year, and here I am retaking, and still doing A2!

The predictions are -
    1) Natural Law, then Natural Law with euthanasia.
    2)Religious to war, then there can be no justice in war
    3)Compare Singer and Mill's util, then Mill's is better
    4) Kant produces greatest good, then categorical imp for abortion issues.

I'm just happy that the exams are days apart, last year it was one after the other and that was horrible! And, I'm skipping religious ethics 'cause I hate it! But I love Natural Law so I'm happy!!

ReputationRep:
    Pahaha, I said the same thing last year, and here I am retaking, and still doing A2!

The predictions are -
    1) Natural Law, then Natural Law with euthanasia.
    2)Religious to war, then there can be no justice in war
    3)Compare Singer and Mill's util, then Mill's is better
    4) Kant produces greatest good, then categorical imp for abortion issues.

I'm just happy that the exams are days apart, last year it was one after the other and that was horrible! And, I'm skipping religious ethics 'cause I hate it! But I love Natural Law so I'm happy!!
    ahh thankyou so much!! i'd probs do natural law and util for that.
    i've got 4 exams left, all finish before may half term so im glad for that loool, get a proper holiday!
    i haven't even bothered revising war and peace lol so deffo not going to be doing that, good luck on your retakes tho!!

ReputationRep:
    ahh thankyou so much!! i'd probs do natural law and util for that.
    i've got 4 exams left, all finish before may half term so im glad for that loool, get a proper holiday!
    i haven't even bothered revising war and peace lol so deffo not going to be doing that, good luck on your retakes tho!!
    It's alright!
    I hate war and peace too!

Good Luck for the rest your exams!

ReputationRep:
    here are the model answers
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...1&d=1431610561

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rammde03)
    here are the model answers
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...1&d=1431610561
    This broke my heart, pls stop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the Philosophy, religious studies and theology forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=133
    Thanks. Did I put it in the wrong place? I'm kind of new to this lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you did well! Me on the other hand not too much. Literally if it wasn't for the fact that I'm Christian I wouldn't be able to answer two questions because my teacher didn't really teach us about God as a lawgiver and judge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fhelicity)
    I did question 1 and 4, and it went really well - except on 1B i messed up and wrote Anselm instead of Augustine
    Ah I forgot to write about Augustine & Irenaeus 😔. I basically talked about everything else in the problem of evil though so I shouldn't have done too badly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat100000)
    I did 1 and 2 aswell, but I don't think it went too well
    Aw why not

ReputationRep:

same but I felt like I babbled on for too long

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.