The Student Room Group

FP1 OCR MEI paper 2015

How did you find this paper this morning?
Original post by MattyMortimer
How did you find this paper this morning?

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Maths forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38
Thought it was a pretty decent paper.
One question: if , for the graph question I forgot to put the intersections in part (i) but wrote them explicitly next to my graph in part (ii), will I lose any marks?
Reply 3
Terrible,

Don't worry guys i'll bring down the grade boundary for you...
does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for this paper?
Reply 5
Original post by tsiggers
Terrible,

Don't worry guys i'll bring down the grade boundary for you...

Really? What went wrong?
Reply 6
Original post by SH0405
Really? What went wrong?

Doing the past papers there would always be one question I didn't get and basically all of those came up...

I know the questions are basically the same every year but the variations of each question (like the sequence proof by induction) were all the ones I didn't want...

I could have got full marks if I had 3 hours to do it but...
I thought it went okay. The main question that threw me for a bit was the one in which you had to determine K, and I got it to be a third after doing n^2/3n^2.
Reply 8
Original post by tsiggers
Doing the past papers there would always be one question I didn't get and basically all of those came up...

I know the questions are basically the same every year but the variations of each question (like the sequence proof by induction) were all the ones I didn't want...

I could have got full marks if I had 3 hours to do it but...

I am a firm believer in extending exams such that literally everybody can complete them based on their skills/knowledge rather than how quickly they can do something. Perhaps if the maths exams were 3 hours but candidates could leave at any point...not sure if that would work.

Oh well. You may have done better than you think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending