Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did you find this paper this morning?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by MattyMortimer)
    How did you find this paper this morning?
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the Maths forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was a pretty decent paper.
    One question: if , for the graph question I forgot to put the intersections in part (i) but wrote them explicitly next to my graph in part (ii), will I lose any marks?

ReputationRep:
    Terrible,

Don't worry guys i'll bring down the grade boundary for you...

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for this paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsiggers)
    Terrible,

Don't worry guys i'll bring down the grade boundary for you...
    Really? What went wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    Really? What went wrong?
    Doing the past papers there would always be one question I didn't get and basically all of those came up...

I know the questions are basically the same every year but the variations of each question (like the sequence proof by induction) were all the ones I didn't want...

I could have got full marks if I had 3 hours to do it but...

ReputationRep:
    I thought it went okay. The main question that threw me for a bit was the one in which you had to determine K, and I got it to be a third after doing n^2/3n^2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsiggers)
    Doing the past papers there would always be one question I didn't get and basically all of those came up...

I know the questions are basically the same every year but the variations of each question (like the sequence proof by induction) were all the ones I didn't want...

I could have got full marks if I had 3 hours to do it but...
    I am a firm believer in extending exams such that literally everybody can complete them based on their skills/knowledge rather than how quickly they can do something. Perhaps if the maths exams were 3 hours but candidates could leave at any point...not sure if that would work.

Oh well. You may have done better than you think.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.