Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok I'm freaking out i got an answer wrong in my exam c1 that was worth 10 marks because i didn't do one thing like i differentiated a fraction and instead of bringing up just the x i brought up the x and the coeff. So my question is will i get some marks at least if that was my only mistake. i need to find an equation of the curve with that differentiation....pls say yes!! and if it was out of ten how many do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do do not panic because these things will escalate in your mind. If that was your only mistake you may still get some method marks and marks due to continuation error but it depends on what you did throughout the rest of the question. As for how many marks you will get I don't know: it depends on how difficult the examiners rate the paper for whether some things get marks or not. (At least that is what I think is the case)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorarosa1998)
    ok I'm freaking out i got an answer wrong in my exam c1 that was worth 10 marks because i didn't do one thing like i differentiated a fraction and instead of bringing up just the x i brought up the x and the coeff. So my question is will i get some marks at least if that was my only mistake. i need to find an equation of the curve with that differentiation....pls say yes!! and if it was out of ten how many do you think?
    Dont freak out bc youll just be worrying for a very long time. If your reffering to the last question then yes i believe you did have to use differentiation... the proper workjng out is up online i cant remeber too well however im sure youll still get method marks and stuff do not worry. Worst case scenario you lose all 10 marks, but itll be fine bc C2 and your chosen unit still yet to do. Youll be fine, I wish you the best for your other exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiva4Eva)
    Whatever you do do not panic because these things will escalate in your mind. If that was your only mistake you may still get some method marks and marks due to continuation error but it depends on what you did throughout the rest of the question. As for how many marks you will get I don't know: it depends on how difficult the examiners rate the paper for whether some things get marks or not. (At least that is what I think is the case)
    I am in agreement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorarosa1998)

Might get method marks. If you're referring to edexcel, then I have done terrible there is an unofficial mark scheme on here done by someone of the name of Arsey I calculated I got 63% which I think is a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJS107)
    Might get method marks. If you're referring to edexcel, then I have done terrible there is an unofficial mark scheme on here done by someone of the name of Arsey I calculated I got 63% which I think is a C
    Ahh dw maybe youll get more marks than you calculated, hopefully anyway. Plus youve still got C2! And S1/M1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Ahh dw maybe youll get more marks than you calculated, hopefully anyway. Plus youve still got C2! And S1/M1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully...C1 was supposed to be the easiest one unfortunately I do D1 as the option which is also difficult

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully...C1 was supposed to be the easiest one unfortunately I do D1 as the option which is also difficult
    Yeah- ikr. Lol, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised with C2. Ahh D1, what is that like? Like what does it entail... we only get the option of picking it next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah- ikr. Lol, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised with C2. Ahh D1, what is that like? Like what does it entail... we only get the option of picking it next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    D1 is defiantly worse than C2, it looks easy but you have to remember loads of algorithms and they're all pretty much the same. The bad thing is each question is like 10 marks and if you get the first part wrong then your whole question is wrong...i dont recommend picking it, i was made to do it, but some people are really good and find it the easiest

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the whole a level in one year so I have another disadvantage. I wanted to get at least 90 and with those 10 marks off I only get 86!!! I really super hope and pray they give me some marks for that stupid one mistake that wrecked the whole question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    D1 is defiantly worse than C2, it looks easy but you have to remember loads of algorithms and they're all pretty much the same. The bad thing is each question is like 10 marks and if you get the first part wrong then your whole question is wrong...i dont recommend picking it, i was made to do it, but some people are really good and find it the easiest
    Ahh right.. ew algorithms lollll.. dont think id like it but good luck for it anyway!! Worse than C2? Oh lol.. Yeah oh my gosh I hate questions that require all parts that go on for ages bc one little mistake could end up costing you a lot of marks.. hopefully that wont occur.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right.. ew algorithms lollll.. dont think id like it but good luck for it anyway!! Worse than C2? Oh lol.. Yeah oh my gosh I hate questions that require all parts that go on for ages bc one little mistake could end up costing you a lot of marks.. hopefully that wont occur.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks and if you pick it, it might seem easy compared to C3/C4 which dont look fun at all haha

ReputationRep:
    thanks and if you pick it, it might seem easy compared to C3/C4 which dont look fun at all haha
    Hahah, I haven't seen what next year's work is like tbh... I'll probably end up picking S2 maybe. Or M1, hm.. what about yourself? Id reccomend S1- it isnt too bad just kinda boring sometimes lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahah, I haven't seen what next year's work is like tbh... I'll probably end up picking S2 maybe. Or M1, hm.. what about yourself? Id reccomend S1- it isnt too bad just kinda boring sometimes lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah my school is making us do M1 which might not be too bad it looks just like physics without the physics part haha

ReputationRep:
    Ah my school is making us do M1 which might not be too bad it looks just like physics without the physics part haha
    Why are your school making you do a particular topic haha!!? Surely its a choice... hm, yeah I think M1 will be good- the mechanics topic will probably be very physics based but other tham that maybe not. Wooh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.