Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2y7Ec3IARE

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking in the comments and it sounds like the C1 paper wasn't even that hard. They appeared to be going bonkers over a trivial 9th grade question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CancerousProblem)
    I'm looking in the comments and it sounds like the C1 paper wasn't even that hard. They appeared to be going bonkers over a trivial 9th grade question
    I don't understand the fuss over the simultaneous equation one, it's simple substitution. However, I can agree that 1b) and Q10 were pretty cruel questions. Nasty questions at the start can ruin your confidence which can effect the entire paper.

However, the video was pretty funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dieselblue)
    I don't understand the fuss over the simultaneous equation one, it's simple substitution. However, I can agree that 1b) and Q10 were pretty cruel questions. Nasty questions at the start can ruin your confidence which can effect the entire paper.

However, the video was pretty funny.
    what were 1b and Q10?

ReputationRep:
    Paper was fine. Don't know why people are crying over it.

ReputationRep:
    what were 1b and Q10?
    1b) was a surd question root2/2root5-3root2
    I got the right method by multiplying the top and bottom by the denominator but I got a stupid answer that wasn't an interger.

10) was some horrid coordinate geometry question which you had to integrate too find f(x) and using a point on the graph to find C.

Then using that find the equation of a line perpendicular to F(X) which is parallel with the line with the equation 2y-x+1=0 or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    1b) was a surd question root2/2root5-3root2
    I got the right method by multiplying the top and bottom by the denominator but I got a stupid answer that wasn't an interger.

10) was some horrid coordinate geometry question which you had to integrate too find f(x) and using a point on the graph to find C.

Then using that find the equation of a line perpendicular to F(X) which is parallel with the line with the equation 2y-x+1=0 or something like that.
    1b) sounds like a GCSE question

I don't know what 10 is from your description but judging from what has been considered a 'hard' question by you guys I don't imagine it's too different

ReputationRep:

I don't know what 10 is from your description but judging from what has been considered a 'hard' question by you guys I don't imagine it's too different

There is no need to be so arrogant.

ReputationRep:

Person above is mad and impaired to humour

ReputationRep:
    There is no need to be so arrogant.
    (Original post by dripper)
    Person above is mad and impaired to humour
    You guys, he's doing STEP I this year, what do you expect? Don't worry, his opinion pretty much doesn't count when it comes to this test.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2015

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.