Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd create a thread for WJEC LAW.

LA3 - 15th of June 2015 & LA4 - 19th of June 2015.

Any predictions? Also feel free to tell what subjects you're revising.

Myself:

LA3 -

Police powers and Police bail
    Non fatal offences and CPS
    Defences (Loss of control, Duress/Necessity, Self-defence, Intox, Insanity, Diminished responsibility, Automatism, Consent) and Criminal Appeals

LA4 -

Strict Liability
    Youth sentencing
    Adult sentencing
    CPS
    Bail
    Statutory interpretation
    (Perhaps appeals from crown/youth court as a second AS synoptic)
    - I've been told theres a possibility Adult sentencing may come up as a 25 marker this year.

Finished making all of my notes pretty about 4 days ago - started Police powers and bail yesterday and hoping to finish today. Theres a lot to revise ahhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyandHarvey)
    Thought I'd create a thread for WJEC LAW.

LA3 - 15th of June 2015 & LA4 - 19th of June 2015.

Any predictions? Also feel free to tell what subjects you're revising.

Myself:

LA3 -

Police powers and Police bail
    Non fatal offences and CPS
    Defences (Loss of control, Duress/Necessity, Self-defence, Intox, Insanity, Diminished responsibility, Automatism, Consent) and Criminal Appeals

LA4 -

Strict Liability
    Youth sentencing
    Adult sentencing
    CPS
    Bail
    Statutory interpretation
    (Perhaps appeals from crown/youth court as a second AS synoptic)
    - I've been told theres a possibility Adult sentencing may come up as a 25 marker this year.

Finished making all of my notes pretty about 4 days ago - started Police powers and bail yesterday and hoping to finish today. Theres a lot to revise ahhh.

Hey. I am also doing Law LA3 & LA4 under the WJEC. I have been very tied up in work as of late and therefore have only now had a chance to start. I have looked through past papers and tried to make judgements on what is most likely to appear in the upcoming exam.

From LA3 there is a pretty straight forward theme of what is to be expected;

Homicide
    Police Powers
    Non-Fatal Offences
    General Defences

and for Synoptic;

Legal Advice + Funding
    Police Bail
    Appeals
    CPS
    Juries
    Magistrates

Personally I am going to study;

Homicide
    Police Powers
    General Defences

and for Synoptic;

Legal Advice + Funding
    Police Bail
    CPS
    Juries

As far as LA4 is concerned, the exam is slightly more difficult to predict (section B more so that Section A). I have found that the most commonly used topics for LA4 Section A are as follows;

Bail
    CPS
    Youth Offenders
    General Defences

For Section B, different topics seem to appear each exam. However, the most common, but still not common enough to rely upon, are;

Strict Liability
    Statutory Interpretation
    Precedent
    Bail

At this present time I am still unsure of what I am going to revise for LA4, but as a general assumption, I am going to revise for:

(Section A)
    Bail
    CPS
    Youth Offenders and/or General Defences

(Section B)
    Strict Liability
    Statutory Interpretation
    and something else, not sure what yet.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, for LA3 honestly you can just focus on 2 topics. I chose to focus on homicide and police powers cause the will definitely come up.. but the rest is hard to figure out lol but la4 shouldn't be too difficult if you revise enough for la3 as there are some repeats.. hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry about the late reply! I can't believe I've actually found two other people on here taking law A-level, theres like no discussions anywhere.

I've shifted things around a little bit -

LA3 -

Police powers - police bail
    Non fatal offences - criminal appeals (CPS as well, but only through revising it for LA4)

LA4 -

Strict Liability
    CPS
    Bail
    Youth sentencing/sentencing practice
    Criminal courts/appeals
    Statutory interpretation

So essentially, because most of them can come up as bits of part B etc anyway, I feel like I've got it covered. The only problem is I dropped out on Adult sentencing/sentencing practice, because I just have too much - are you guys bothering to revise adult sentencing?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even started on la4 but im not gonna look at sentencing im trying to figure out which ones come up the most

ReputationRep:
    Court bail... Was that some sick joke

ReputationRep:
    Are there any other threads discussing this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who didn't find that exam all to bad?

ReputationRep:
    predictions for la4?

ReputationRep:
    No predictions but there seems to be a consistent pattern of the most popular topics, personally, I'd recommend:

Strict Liability
    CPS
    Bail (both police and court)
    Youth sentencing & sentencing practice (awful awful subject but gotta be done)
    Statutory Interpretation
    Criminal Appeals

I'm seriously undecided on whether to include Adult sentencing - its only come up three time though?

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me!! what is out of court disposals please,

ReputationRep:
    Hey I appreciate that this was some years ago but i'm doing this at undergrad level, I found this playlist on youtube really helpful, it's very comprehensive for A level and is pretty good for degree level revision as well. hope it helps others to
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...g9c6vyTWB_2yJh

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.