The Student Room Group

A2 law - wjec la3 and la4 june 15th & 19th predictions.

Thought I'd create a thread for WJEC LAW.

LA3 - 15th of June 2015 & LA4 - 19th of June 2015.

Any predictions? Also feel free to tell what subjects you're revising.

Myself:

LA3 -

Police powers and Police bail
Non fatal offences and CPS
Defences (Loss of control, Duress/Necessity, Self-defence, Intox, Insanity, Diminished responsibility, Automatism, Consent) and Criminal Appeals

LA4 -

Strict Liability
Youth sentencing
Adult sentencing
CPS
Bail
Statutory interpretation
(Perhaps appeals from crown/youth court as a second AS synoptic)
- I've been told theres a possibility Adult sentencing may come up as a 25 marker this year.

Finished making all of my notes pretty about 4 days ago - started Police powers and bail yesterday and hoping to finish today. Theres a lot to revise ahhh.
Reply 1
Original post by EmilyandHarvey
Thought I'd create a thread for WJEC LAW.

LA3 - 15th of June 2015 & LA4 - 19th of June 2015.

Any predictions? Also feel free to tell what subjects you're revising.

Myself:

LA3 -

Police powers and Police bail
Non fatal offences and CPS
Defences (Loss of control, Duress/Necessity, Self-defence, Intox, Insanity, Diminished responsibility, Automatism, Consent) and Criminal Appeals

LA4 -

Strict Liability
Youth sentencing
Adult sentencing
CPS
Bail
Statutory interpretation
(Perhaps appeals from crown/youth court as a second AS synoptic)
- I've been told theres a possibility Adult sentencing may come up as a 25 marker this year.

Finished making all of my notes pretty about 4 days ago - started Police powers and bail yesterday and hoping to finish today. Theres a lot to revise ahhh.

Hey. I am also doing Law LA3 & LA4 under the WJEC. I have been very tied up in work as of late and therefore have only now had a chance to start. I have looked through past papers and tried to make judgements on what is most likely to appear in the upcoming exam.

From LA3 there is a pretty straight forward theme of what is to be expected;

Homicide
Police Powers
Non-Fatal Offences
General Defences

and for Synoptic;

Legal Advice + Funding
Police Bail
Appeals
CPS
Juries
Magistrates

Personally I am going to study;

Homicide
Police Powers
General Defences

and for Synoptic;

Legal Advice + Funding
Police Bail
CPS
Juries

As far as LA4 is concerned, the exam is slightly more difficult to predict (section B more so that Section A). I have found that the most commonly used topics for LA4 Section A are as follows;

Bail
CPS
Youth Offenders
General Defences

For Section B, different topics seem to appear each exam. However, the most common, but still not common enough to rely upon, are;

Strict Liability
Statutory Interpretation
Precedent
Bail

At this present time I am still unsure of what I am going to revise for LA4, but as a general assumption, I am going to revise for:

(Section A)
Bail
CPS
Youth Offenders and/or General Defences

(Section B)
Strict Liability
Statutory Interpretation
and something else, not sure what yet.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Hey, for LA3 honestly you can just focus on 2 topics. I chose to focus on homicide and police powers cause the will definitely come up.. but the rest is hard to figure out lol but la4 shouldn't be too difficult if you revise enough for la3 as there are some repeats.. hope that helps :smile:
Hey, sorry about the late reply! I can't believe I've actually found two other people on here taking law A-level, theres like no discussions anywhere.

I've shifted things around a little bit -

LA3 -

Police powers - police bail
Non fatal offences - criminal appeals (CPS as well, but only through revising it for LA4)

LA4 -

Strict Liability
CPS
Bail
Youth sentencing/sentencing practice
Criminal courts/appeals
Statutory interpretation

So essentially, because most of them can come up as bits of part B etc anyway, I feel like I've got it covered. The only problem is I dropped out on Adult sentencing/sentencing practice, because I just have too much - are you guys bothering to revise adult sentencing?
Reply 4
I haven't even started on la4 but im not gonna look at sentencing im trying to figure out which ones come up the most
Court bail... Was that some sick joke
Are there any other threads discussing this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Am I the only one who didn't find that exam all to bad?
predictions for la4?
No predictions but there seems to be a consistent pattern of the most popular topics, personally, I'd recommend:

Strict Liability
CPS
Bail (both police and court)
Youth sentencing & sentencing practice (awful awful subject but gotta be done)
Statutory Interpretation
Criminal Appeals

I'm seriously undecided on whether to include Adult sentencing - its only come up three time though?
can someone help me!! what is out of court disposals please,
Hey I appreciate that this was some years ago but i'm doing this at undergrad level, I found this playlist on youtube really helpful, it's very comprehensive for A level and is pretty good for degree level revision as well. hope it helps others to
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...g9c6vyTWB_2yJh

Quick Reply

Latest