Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am currently studying in my final year of uni. I study Film at Southampton Solent University and I really need some help figuring out what my overall grade could possibly be when I graduate this year. I finish uni in less than 2 weeks!

I have managed to sort of work out that last year I got 56%, which is a 2:2 overall, 4% away from a 2:1. And then for this final year I think I have got 56%, which is a 2:1 and 4% away from a 1st!

I need someone to merge these two together and work out what I will potentially get overall because this is where I get stuck!! I have no idea what each year is equal to in percentage wise, but if someone replies and is willing to help me then I will find this out for you and be so grateful!

I know for sure that my FMP (final major project) is worth 70%, but I cannot remember if this is for my overall grade or for my overall final year grade, I'm guessing its for my final year overall grade though.

Every unit in my second year was worth 20 cats, but in my final year it is all muddled up, with some being 20, 40 etc.

PLEASE HELP ME!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosewells)
    Hi there,

I am currently studying in my final year of uni. I study Film at Southampton Solent University and I really need some help figuring out what my overall grade could possibly be when I graduate this year. I finish uni in less than 2 weeks!

I have managed to sort of work out that last year I got 56%, which is a 2:2 overall, 4% away from a 2:1. And then for this final year I think I have got 56%, which is a 2:1 and 4% away from a 1st!

I need someone to merge these two together and work out what I will potentially get overall because this is where I get stuck!! I have no idea what each year is equal to in percentage wise, but if someone replies and is willing to help me then I will find this out for you and be so grateful!

I know for sure that my FMP (final major project) is worth 70%, but I cannot remember if this is for my overall grade or for my overall final year grade, I'm guessing its for my final year overall grade though.

Every unit in my second year was worth 20 cats, but in my final year it is all muddled up, with some being 20, 40 etc.

PLEASE HELP ME!
    I think you might need to check your numbers or be a bit clearer. You say 56% is a 2:2, correct. But then you say 56% is a 2:1 and 4% off a first which it is not. It is 74%+ for a 1st.

Also I'm not sure if it varies for courses but for me the overall grade is decided on 30% from 2nd year and 70% for 3rd year.

Plus I believe students that graduate this year are graded using both the old and new grading system implemented by Solent. I can't remember exactly how it works but they grade you using both systems and give you whichever result is highest. So a bonus here.

But if you can make the numbers a bit clearer, and maybe ask around to try and find the 2nd/3rd year weighting it would be a bit easier.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a final year student in Portsmouth university, a direct entry student so basically judge on this year only.. Have 4 modules, scores respectively are ,64,68,70,50... I'll like if u can please help me work the final grade, thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.