undine_monty
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I took my RS exam this morning and I dont think I did well in the second unit. Is it possible just to resit that one unit rather than the whole course if I was to fail?
fallingleaves97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No I don't think its possible, you'd have to resit the whole course probably!:cry:
but which unit carries the most marks? Maybe if you did well in the first unit and less well in the second you could still manage to pass?
nelizabeth_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes you can resit just one unit
undine_monty
Rep:
?
Two conflicting answers :argh:
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can resit a single paper, judging from people in my sixth form a good half of all A2 students will be resitting at least one unit.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by undine_monty)
I took my RS exam this morning and I dont think I did well in the second unit. Is it possible just to resit that one unit rather than the whole course if I was to fail?
You can re-sit A level units but not GCSE units, hence the confusion. If you do re-sit then your better attempt at the unit will count towards the final grade.
mismash
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what if you improve by a grade in year 13 but at the ned of year 12 - they predict you a lower grade
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mismash)
what if you improve by a grade in year 13 but at the ned of year 12 - they predict you a lower grade
I don't understand what you're asking.
mismash
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
image you got a c in year 12 for one unit in maths and overall you got a high c for a subject. the teacher predicts you a c at year 13. then you retake that unit and now you have a b so does that mean that you are not allowede to choose a course that require you to get a b in that particular subject.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
image you got a c in year 12 for one unit in maths and overall you got a high c for a subject. the teacher predicts you a c at year 13. then you retake that unit and now you have a b so does that mean that you are not allowede to choose a course that require you to get a b in that particular subject.
No. You can apply to whatever courses you want at university. Your school may advise you against applying for a course with A level grade requirements that are significantly above your AS grades and may predict you lower grades than you need for the course, but they can't stop you applying.
mismash
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
No. You can apply to whatever courses you want at university. Your school may advise you against applying for a course with A level grade requirements that are significantly above your AS grades and may predict you lower grades than you need for the course, but they can't stop you applying.
thanks
undine_monty
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
You can re-sit A level units but not GCSE units, hence the confusion. If you do re-sit then your better attempt at the unit will count towards the final grade.
Thank you
NutE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm currently doing my A2s but I'm resitting a few modules from AS. So yes, you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
thanks
However, you are unlikely to get offers if your predicted grades aren't close to the grades they want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (619)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (772)
42.03%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.81%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.46%

Watched Threads