Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling that a question regarding coastal development over time will come up for the crowded coast section - 15 marker

How would i go about answering that question?

the fieldwork i did was in Dorset

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think write about the development in Dubai, it is a good case study to use.

You only need to write about the fieldwork when specifically asked in the 15 markers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so screwed for this exam. Have not revised geography unit 2 since last Thursday because I've had exams every single day since study leave ended. My philosophy exam was 3hrs long yesterday so I didn't get home until 5:30 then had to revise English which I have this morning.

I'm exhausted and I know nothing!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TTWNGCBC)
    I'm so screwed for this exam. Have not revised geography unit 2 since last Thursday because I've had exams every single day since study leave ended. My philosophy exam was 3hrs long yesterday so I didn't get home until 5:30 then had to revise English which I have this morning.

I'm exhausted and I know nothing!!!

It is an afternoon exam , so just try to go over your fieldwork stuff, like what you did and what you found, it doesnt really matter if you mae things up as long as they sound realisitc it should be fine. what two topics are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnhick98)
    It is an afternoon exam , so just try to go over your fieldwork stuff, like what you did and what you found, it doesnt really matter if you mae things up as long as they sound realisitc it should be fine. what two topics are you doing?
    Thanks! I'm doing crowded coasts & rebranding. Reckon I know enough to blag it for crowded coasts but rebranding is another story...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'm doing crowded coasts & rebranding. Reckon I know enough to blag it for crowded coasts but rebranding is another story...
    same so am i, i prefer rebranding.i think for rebranding you can make most of it up, actually you could make up the coasts part too , where did you do your fieldowrk?
    For rebradning i reccomend you just learn the methodology

ReputationRep:
    same so am i, i prefer rebranding.i think for rebranding you can make most of it up, actually you could make up the coasts part too , where did you do your fieldowrk?
    For rebradning i reccomend you just learn the methodology
    Do you think it's easier to make up than unit 1? Think I did ok on unit 1 as I was well prepared for that one...

For CC we went to Torquay & start bay (in Torbay area) and for rebranding we went to Plymouth and the Southhams.

It's the case study questions I'm most worried about because I have literally zero own knowledge at this point though I agree I could probably make up the f&r question. Any predictions for what the case study questions will ask?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's easier to make up than unit 1? Think I did ok on unit 1 as I was well prepared for that one...

For CC we went to Torquay & start bay (in Torbay area) and for rebranding we went to Plymouth and the Southhams.

It's the case study questions I'm most worried about because I have literally zero own knowledge at this point though I agree I could probably make up the f&r question. Any predictions for what the case study questions will ask?
    I prefer unit 1, it wasnt too bad.yes we did too, did you go to Dartington and Stokely farm for rebranding?
    for the rebradning case studies im just learning The Eden project and Stratford and that should be okay and for CC do the Holderness coast and just go through some sustainable management but that's GCSE knowledge so its fine. you should be fine and its only 40%

ReputationRep:
    I prefer unit 1, it wasnt too bad.yes we did too, did you go to Dartington and Stokely farm for rebranding?
    for the rebradning case studies im just learning The Eden project and Stratford and that should be okay and for CC do the Holderness coast and just go through some sustainable management but that's GCSE knowledge so its fine. you should be fine and its only 40%
    Haha omg yes we did!! Except we didn't have time to go to Dartington so we just have to pretend to have been there lol. Right, I'll try and get Holderness, Eden & Stratford in my brain before 1:30. Thanks and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Haha omg yes we did!! Except we didn't have time to go to Dartington so we just have to pretend to have been there lol. Right, I'll try and get Holderness, Eden & Stratford in my brain before 1:30. Thanks and good luck!
    hehe i guess we will be writing about the same thing also remeber key players for rebranding.
    Thanks Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I've lost my results for Plymouth and I can't remember the trends to even make up realistic sounding data :/

Just hoping to not get a land use or pressures q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manexopi)
    I've lost my results for Plymouth and I can't remember the trends to even make up realistic sounding data :/

Just hoping to not get a land use or pressures q
    we did get a Plymouth quesion how did you do?

ReputationRep:
    we did get a Plymouth quesion how did you do?
    I'm assuming you mean the fieldwork one? I used a different case study although my friend lent me her Plymouth notes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.