Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm really confused as to what we need to learn for this specification point: (d) Evaluate the experimentalevidence for the role of auxins in the control of apical dominance andgibberellin in the control of stem elongation;

The pages in the textbook that cover this are extremely wordy and I'm just not really sure what pieces of information I'm meant to extract and remember? I looked in the CGP revision guide also and an example experiment is described and that is it all it says really!

If anyone could help that would be great, thankyou

ReputationRep:
    In the presence of a shoot tip side buds do not grow but if you remove the shoot tip and thus the source of auxins, side buds start growing.
    Dwarf plants treated with gibberrillins grow taller.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 23, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.