The Student Room Group

AQA ENGLISH LITERATURE - OF MICE AND MEN & AN INSPECTOR CALLS - 18th May

Hi Everyone,
How is everyone feeling about this exam and any ideas for what could come up?
Good Luck!!
sooo nervous :3 what about you?
Also how are you revising? I know lots of people are reading the books but I feel as though I need to do more...
Reply 2
a lot of people at my school are saying they predict that Curley's Wife or Slim will come up, and possibly Sheila for Inspector Calls...what do you guys think will come up??

Also I'm revising by exploring lots of themes and picking out a lot of lexical choices the writer has used to evaluate. mind maps are great for this!!
Reply 3
Original post by phoebeisgreat
sooo nervous :3 what about you?
Also how are you revising? I know lots of people are reading the books but I feel as though I need to do more...

Yes same I'm really nervous, I'm worried that I won't have enough time to finish. I'm revising by reading the books and going over key themes and characters.
Reply 4
Original post by Lucykx
a lot of people at my school are saying they predict that Curley's Wife or Slim will come up, and possibly Sheila for Inspector Calls...what do you guys think will come up??

Also I'm revising by exploring lots of themes and picking out a lot of lexical choices the writer has used to evaluate. mind maps are great for this!!

Same, that's how I'm revising. My school says that Curley may come up as he hasn't come up for a long time.
Original post by LoganF
Same, that's how I'm revising. My school says that Curley may come up as he hasn't come up for a long time.

It either Curley, the ending scene or Candy imo
Reply 6
Original post by LoganF

okay thanks for the tip!:smile:
i'm going to revise most of the characters this weekend..:boring:
my school said that it could be themes this year. they preped us on the contrast of dreams and reality
Reply 8
In an inspector calls, does anyone know why gerald is tactically polite towards Mr birling at the beginning of the play?

Any help would be great.
Wait is paper 1 AIC and OMAM or Poetry because i have no idea!!!!!
Reply 10
Original post by Burnandestroy
Wait is paper 1 AIC and OMAM or Poetry because i have no idea!!!!!

The paper on Monday is omam and aic I think and the one on Friday is the poetry ( I am dreading both)
[QUOTE="Rye;55805403" Jay="Jay"]The paper on Monday is omam and aic I think and the one on Friday is the poetry ( I am dreading both)[/QUOTE

Oh thanks sooo much!! but ive lost my copy of AIC so im screwed!!!
And my laptop is really weird at quoting!!
I hope Mrs Birling does not come up in the An Inspector Calls question. She is difficult to write about.
For Of Mice and Men, I hope Candy doesn't come up. I think that Curley or Carlson will come up. Hoping it's Curley's wife.
For An Inspector Calls, I don't mind as long as it isn't Gerald.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending