Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I found it kind of easy. Did anyone get Pb2O3 for the Empirical formula, and did you balance the equation by placing a 2 in front of the second reactant in the equation?

ReputationRep:
    Yes and yes So many of my friends didn't even see that equation was a question

ReputationRep:
    Yes but i think it was Fe not Pb, I'm not sure haha

ReputationRep:
    How did you feel about the 6 marks question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelexisquiche)
    How did you feel about the 6 marks question?
    It was alright. Didn't know why that had to be a 6 mark question though. It was more like a 3 mark one. I mentioned the results, how the temp increased in each experiment until 0.7dm3. I said after that, the temperature reached it's limit and that the experiment was exothermic and related it to the collision theory. You?

ReputationRep:
    LOL i missed that out!! then I quickly did it at the end when my paper was getting collected and Yes I did get Pb2O3 aswell haha

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to put exothermic for the 6 mark but I think I will have gotten 3-4 marks at least. Other than that I liked that paper

ReputationRep:
    Well I did the empirical forumla of PB(NO3)2, which I later found out was completely wrong but of course 'harder' to do.... And I completely missed out the question above it, but I got 9 atoms. Anyone else get 9?

ReputationRep:
    Damn it I actually found it tricky I mean what was that salt thingy about?! The one with the table?

ReputationRep:
    It went very well.
    I'm good at Chemistry, anyway. But I felt apprehensive as B2 was hard, so I thought C2 would be harder.

Easier than the June 2014 paper, IMO. I'm guessing the grade boundaries will be high though.

I was quiet annoyed as I ran out of time at the end, so I couldn't answer the last two questions about melting points and conducting electricity.
    What hurt most was I knew it, but once I finished reading the question, the invigilator said the exam is finished, and to put our pens down.

5 marks down the drain, gutted.

ReputationRep:
    I got the empirical formula question wrong 😓 but apart from that a good paper , I found B2 good aswell I don't see why people found it so hard , I found c3 harder though and b3 was good. I am dreading physics on Wednesday 😥

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florent venhari)
    It was alright. Didn't know why that had to be a 6 mark question though. It was more like a 3 mark one. I mentioned the results, how the temp increased in each experiment until 0.7dm3. I said after that, the temperature reached it's limit and that the experiment was exothermic and related it to the collision theory. You?
    I agree.
    I've seen 3 marks like that, in previous past papers where you need to evaluate results from a table.
    It was easy, but I kept feeling that I didn't write enough. You could only make about 2 points. It would've been better if there was an anomaly in the results, so you could mention that.

ReputationRep:
    Grade there was an anomaly! In experitment 3 when the temperature only increased by 2, whereas all the others increased by 5.

ReputationRep:
    I found quite a bit of the 2 and 1 mark questions difficult but I smashed the questions which gave the most marks.

Also there was an anaomaly on the 6mark question

Quite a weird paper tbh. I hated the question where you had to say how to improve that experiment.

I wrote time how long the reaction takes so you have extra evidence on how rate of reaction increases.

doubt I got an A*

ReputationRep:
    I missed out balancing equation question by accident! How many marks was it worth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamCL)
    Grade there was an anomaly! In experitment 3 when the temperature only increased by 2, whereas all the others increased by 5.
    Did you say the 8oc increase was an anomaly as well? It went 5,2,8,5,5,5

ReputationRep:
    You also needed to explain results, not only describe them, so it was not that difficult to make 5/6 points

ReputationRep:
    The question was about silver with nitric acid, weren't it? I got Silver nitrate and compound with carbonate ion I got sodium carbonate..

Exam weren't too bad. For the empirical formula PbO, I got 1:1.5 and wrote it as the answer; would that be acceptable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ae14)
    I missed out balancing equation question by accident! How many marks was it worth?
    Just one mark I think as you only had to put a 2 in front of one of the reactants.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was awful! I had an A in in C1 and in my ISAs and past papers. I thought this paper was a lot harder than past papers I did in class.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.