The Student Room Group

AQA Physics GCSE P2 & P3 [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arjro
How did you guys work out the half life question? Want to see if i got it correct. Thanks in advanced!

80/2 gave 40 - one half life passed
40/2 gave 20 - 2 half lives passed
20/2 gave 10 - 3 half lives have now passed

The question said 36 years to go from 80 to 10. So if three half lives have passed in 36 years, then 1 half life must be 36/3 which gives 12 years.
Original post by DarkAvenger
Then I guess the P3 paper wass different to Further Additional Science P3 paper?

yeah. I got mixed up between questions, thought we were talking about another one.
Original post by 11Jason11
That is correct

Thanks
Original post by Amy Hickman
i asked my teacher and it was 12 :/

:*( nuuuuuuuu -_- oh well only like 1 mark difference
Anyone do edexcel English gcse today?
Yep :smile:
Original post by Pra99
Anyone do edexcel English gcse today?
Original post by isabellagrace
Yep :smile:

How did u find it
Original post by Pra99
How did u find it

It was okay! I really liked the unseen poem, and the comparison was okay but i rambled a lot 😂 what did you think?
On the P2 paper the question saying something like 'what is the maximum height the rocket reaches' really annoyed me. Does anyone actually know the answer? I was so confused I simply wrote down 10
It was okay! I really liked the unseen poem, and the comparison was okay but i rambled a lot 😂 what did you think?

Same I wrote 4 pages for each section but I just wrote nonsense. Hoping for an a star
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pra99
I bet my house that the 6 marker in p2 will be about stars

Probably not the first to say this but...

Can I have your house? :smile:
Original post by AdamCee
Probably not the first to say this but...

Can I have your house? :smile:

Lol you don't know how many people have said this😂
Original post by MariumKazmi
On the P2 paper the question saying something like 'what is the maximum height the rocket reaches' really annoyed me. Does anyone actually know the answer? I was so confused I simply wrote down 10

I put 7.2m and i think that is right as many people have said the same :smile:
Original post by Pra99
Same I wrote 4 pages for each section but I just wrote nonsense. Hoping for an a star

Yeah I did four for one and five for the other. I really want an A* as I know I wont get it in language but realisticallly it is probably an A

How did you work that out??
Yeah I did four for one and five for the other. I really want an A* as I know I wont get it in language but realisticallly it is probably an A

Which comparing question did you do? I did the first question for both. But I basically wrote nonsense for it :")

Correct it was 7.2.

You had to use the formula which had 'change in height' in it and rearrange to make it the formula

The sum I did was:

3.6 (answer from earlier) divided by 0.05 (mass) *10

So it was 3.6/0.5 = 7.2

:smile:
Original post by MariumKazmi
How did you work that out??

I cannot really remember he question now, awfully sorry
Original post by sunnyrays07
Which comparing question did you do? I did the first question for both. But I basically wrote nonsense for it :":wink:

I compared Hitcher to Cousin Kate; strange choice I know! Same :frown:
Help! Was there really a question on how to correct short sightedness? And for the question on the factors affecting the centripetal force, could you write speed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending