Turn on thread page Beta

what do rugby players eat? - how do they train?... watch

ReputationRep:
    exactly that!

I`ve posted twice on here about losing my pot belly, and about asking what benefits a rowing machine gives - both posts being given excellent replies - but my question(s) is/are:

MOST Rugby players look MASSIVE - they are extremely well built but don`t look like weight lifters, and don`t have an once of fat: what kind of training do they do to look like that?

(i use a power-worker, weights, dumbells, and a rowing machine (not to mention i do some exercises for my stomach and my legs/thighs) - but what exercises am i missing to make me look like a human tree?

Also, what kinds of foods do they eat? high carbs? high protien? how often do they eat?

Hope someone can help, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Cardio doesn't do much except take burn calories.

Yes they look massive but to think they don't hold fat is absurd, I know a lot of rugby players who carry tons of fat and some who are super lean.

I can't comment on how they train but I suspect squats among other compound movements are put in there, possibly 5x5 strength training.

Specific foods cannot be given as each individual can eat what they enjoy. How often you eat is not as important as how much you eat in terms of tracking calories. High carbs and protein is dependant on your macros. I suggest doing some research on nutrition and training to gather your own information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyHutch)
    Cardio doesn't do much except take burn calories.

Yes they look massive but to think they don't hold fat is absurd, I know a lot of rugby players who carry tons of fat and some who are super lean.

I can't comment on how they train but I suspect squats among other compound movements are put in there, possibly 5x5 strength training.

Specific foods cannot be given as each individual can eat what they enjoy. How often you eat is not as important as how much you eat in terms of tracking calories. High carbs and protein is dependant on your macros. I suggest doing some research on nutrition and training to gather your own information.
    thanks! - great suggestion to research things more thoroughly! - thanks

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much like this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ngland%20rugby

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.