The Student Room Group

2015 GCSE 21st Century Physics P1 P2 P3

Hey guys!!
So next exam on wednesday is physics...
any 6 marker predictions? Considering the amount of maths there was in biology and chemistry, i won't be surprised if 50% of the physics paper is maths....

Scroll to see replies

Hoping that there's either a question on Wegener, or P and S waves. I know those fairly well.
Ayyy I love maths and physics so I'm not dreading this exam as much!
im just hoping there won't be much on waves :frown: P3 is the one im best at so im hoping its has its harder questions on there
Reply 4
does anyone have a spec or something which lists all the maths stuff we need to know for the exam
Original post by kxylah
does anyone have a spec or something which lists all the maths stuff we need to know for the exam

I'm pretty sure you could look on the OCR website but the only maths you ever really need is for the equations given to you at the start of the paper
Reply 6
do you need to know the advantages and disadvantages of all primary power sources. (biofuels, geothermal, HEP, solar,nuclear, waves, tidal, wind)
Reply 7
Original post by _Priyesh_
do you need to know the advantages and disadvantages of all primary power sources. (biofuels, geothermal, HEP, solar,nuclear, waves, tidal, wind)

i think you do, they're usually 6 markers
Original post by kxylah

Maths for science

2014 P123 paper

Mark scheme

Patterns can and do show up, but try to cover everything over the weekend, because you don't want to be gambling with your GCSE grades...

Good luck everybody. :smile:
I haven't even started revising for this, got 5 exams before this one lol.
Original post by Desert_fox15

i have English Lit, Textiles, Geography, Business then P1/2/3 exam.
Reply 11

got aqa english literature before this exam and my school didn't even teach us the books, they just told us to do of mice and men and an inspector calls however i don't even know how to answer questions or what questions to even do

no wonder only 30% of my school gets A*-C grades:s-smilie:
Oh how I hate unit one geography with edexcel, half of its looking at blurry pictures and working out where you are on a map urggh.
Original post by kxylah
got aqa english literature before this exam and my school didn't even teach us the books, they just told us to do of mice and men and an inspector calls however i don't even know how to answer questions or what questions to even do

no wonder only 30% of my school gets A*-C grades:s-smilie:

Yh I was lucky because my teacher was good but I have not looked at the context of either in detail and my inspector calls knowledge is quite weak
Reply 14
Yh I was lucky because my teacher was good but I have not looked at the context of either in detail and my inspector calls knowledge is quite weak

do you know what questions to answer and how much they're worth?
I know the inspector calls one is 30 marks (+4 for spelling) but you know the section B one, is part a and part b answered separately or in the same paragraph?? And is the whole thing in total worth 30 marks or separately?? pls help I'm screwed
Original post by kxylah
do you know what questions to answer and how much they're worth?
I know the inspector calls one is 30 marks (+4 for spelling) but you know the section B one, is part a and part b answered separately or in the same paragraph?? And is the whole thing in total worth 30 marks or separately?? pls help I'm screwed

I know that for the mice and men section you have a question in 2 parts which totals to 36, they give you an extract of a character and ask you to analyse it and link it to specific ideas about the character. in the second part you have to talk a bit about context and they ask you about a specific thing such as the significance of animals in the book. This all totals up to 36 marks, I'm not 100% sure though so take this with a pinch of salt :smile:
But yh you write it as one question and not as part a and part b
Reply 17
But yh you write it as one question and not as part a and part b

ohh okay. the whole question is worth 30 marks plus 4 marks for spelling + grammar.
so is part a worth 15 marks and part b worth 15 marks?? Or is it distributed unequally??
Original post by kxylah
ohh okay. the whole question is worth 30 marks plus 4 marks for spelling + grammar.
so is part a worth 15 marks and part b worth 15 marks?? Or is it distributed unequally??

I'm not too sure about how much you get for spelling and grammar but they just ask you to carry out two things, one on an extract and one on the book and it's context and then give you a mark out of 36 for doing these 2 things. So I guess if you only did one part but did it really well you would get half the marks but in order to get close to full marks you need to do both tasks to a suitable standard.
Reply 19
Here is the physics specification if anyone wants it! http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/82528-specification.pdf
Personally I find it useful to see what you need to know, because some of the stuff in the specification they don't cover in the CJP revision guides:smile: however if you use bbc bite size revision http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/21c/
they cover the specification exactly and tell you everything you need to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending