The Student Room Group

Pissed off and upset with unreasonable people

I am just needing to rant and any advice on how to get out of this would also be great! Basically my friend from secondary school turned 19 today and has announced just now that tomorrow she has decided for her birthday she wants to go to London clubbing and for dinner and stay in a hotel then spend the next day out in London. I said ages ago I would go to her birthday thing and now suddenly she has turned around and said she is now going out in london and everyone apart from me and this other girl has let her down etc etc. I don't want to upset her or for her to have a **** birthday it's just it is now just so expensive and I can't afford it. I have tried to dissuade her from going up to London but she really really wants to and won't listen. Neither her or this other girl (who I havent seen for 3 years and barely know) have been out before in London. I have now spent about 2 hrs trying not to argue with her but the whole thing just keeps getting more and more expensive! :frown: :frown: I have known this girl for nearly 8 years and I dont want to let her down but at the same time 1) it's too expensive 2) I have been ill for the last week or so (I even cancelled going out last night) and I just don't have the energy :frown:
emsy88
I am just needing to rant and any advice on how to get out of this would also be great! Basically my friend from secondary school turned 19 today and has announced just now that tomorrow she has decided for her birthday she wants to go to London clubbing and for dinner and stay in a hotel then spend the next day out in London. I said ages ago I would go to her birthday thing and now suddenly she has turned around and said she is now going out in london and everyone apart from me and this other girl has let her down etc etc. I don't want to upset her or for her to have a **** birthday it's just it is now just so expensive and I can't afford it. I have tried to dissuade her from going up to London but she really really wants to and won't listen. Neither her or this other girl (who I havent seen for 3 years and barely know) have been out in London either. I have now spent about 2 hrs trying not to argue with her but the whole thing just keeps getting more and more expensive! :frown: :frown: I have known this girl for nearly 8 years and I dont want to let her down but at the same time 1) it's too expensive 2) I have been ill for the last week or so (I even cancelled going out last night) and I just don't have the energy :frown:

tell her you can't really afford to go to London, (she should understand being she left in a bit short noice) but take her out on a really nice night out later on in the week to make it up to her. :smile:
Reply 2
I dont want to tell her I cant afford to go cos she is sooo looking forward to it now. She said when I mentioned maybe going somewhere else that she only wants to go to London or nowhere at all.
Reply 3
emsy88
I dont want to tell her I cant afford to go cos she is sooo looking forward to it now. She said when I mentioned maybe going somewhere else that she only wants to go to London or nowhere at all.

sounds like she's being a spoiled brat tbh.

Just tell her that you'd love to go but really can't afford it. offer to go out somewhere else, if she refuses, well...she's just wasted her birthday. her own tough luck fpr being sp unreasonable.
Reply 4
Anything other than you can't afford it will make it alot worse than it is.
Reply 5
wow she sounds spoilt.
clubbing in london's hardly amazing, nor are the restaurants or hotels better than elsewhere.
don't feel guilty about not going.
That's an unreasonable request. If she was a true friend, she would be very understanding and either a) go on her own or b) stay and enjoy the night with you and her other friends.
Reply 7
Drug her, then bring her to Bristol instead.
emsy88

Tell her to go to London then. Sounds like she wants to be in London more than she wants to be with her friends. Spoilt brat.
Pendulum
Anything other than you can't afford it will make it alot worse than it is.

now that is true. :wink:
Reply 10
Thanks for the replies. I agree with you that she probably is spoilt and we've fallen out before because of similar things she says and does but I just don't want to argue. I will phone her in a bit and try again to talk to her and if not I suppose I will just have to budget!
it'll end up being a rubbish night if hardly anyone can make it, even if it is in london. you'd have a better night closer to home where everyone can afford it and can be there. then plan a night out in london for a few weeks time or whatever
Reply 12
just tell her your ill (thats what i did for newyears) i hope ****fell* dont see this (if you do) lol i was really ill :smile:
emsy88
Thanks for the replies. I agree with you that she probably is spoilt and we've fallen out before because of similar things she says and does but I just don't want to argue. I will phone her in a bit and try again to talk to her and if not I suppose I will just have to budget!

No way, why should you suffer just so she can do what she wants?! I'm going to London with my boyfriend for his birthday so I know how expensive it is - just talk to her, and if she's too selfish to realise that a nice night out locally with her friends is better than forcing people to bankrupt themselves...well, nuts to her! :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending