The Student Room Group

Will the real TeeEm please stand up!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeeEm
t

TeeEm, what (in ur opinion) non-step-papers come closest to matching the difficulty of STEP (1)? The older S Level ones?
Reply 1801
Original post by Gilo98
TeeEm, what (in ur opinion) non-step-papers come closest to matching the difficulty of STEP (1)? The older S Level ones?

very hard to compare because the style is very different, but I would say they are not that far off.
Besides even if they are not the same style they still provide valuable brain training.
Original post by TeeEm
very hard to compare because the style is very different, but I would say they are not that far off.
Besides even if they are not the same style they still provide valuable brain training.

cheers m8
Reply 1806
g11.jpg
Reply 1807
Original post by cooldudeman
Hey again.Do you know much on finding greens functions? I am so stuck and stack exchange isn't helping at all...Posted from TSR Mobile

I did nothing of this sort for my degree and once I needed techniues involving them as an undergrad I had to teach myself at the time.
My advice is to look at U tube videos
Reply 1809
Having seen the C1 Pearsons paper, I think the boundaries will be around

74 Full UMS
61 A
54 B
Original post by TeeEm
Having seen the C1 Pearsons paper, I think the boundaries will be around

74 Full UMS
61 A
54 B

Nice to see you Teeem. Can't vote on the M3 poll since m TSR only works on the app(can't vote on the app). Will vote as soon as tsr works on the desktop.
Have you seen the M3 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1811
Original post by physicsmaths
Nice to see you Teeem. Can't vote on the M3 poll since m TSR only works on the app(can't vote on the app). Will vote as soon as tsr works on the desktop.
Have you seen the M3 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry for the late reply but I do not get notification.
I have not seen the M3 and I have no M3 candidates this year to give me feedback
Reply 1812
Having seen the FP1 Pearsons paper, I think the boundaries will be around

74 Full UMS
62 A
56 B
Original post by TeeEm
Having seen the FP1 Pearsons paper, I think the boundaries will be around

74 Full UMS
62 A
56 B

If you can, try and get hold of a copy of the AQA FP3 exam. I know you don't use this board but some of the questions on it were very interesting.
Reply 1814
Original post by A Slice of Pi
If you can, try and get hold of a copy of the AQA FP3 exam. I know you don't use this board but some of the questions on it were very interesting.

May I know which years' questions? thanks.
Original post by Jj15
May I know which years' questions? thanks.

I don't have a copy of the paper, but they were quite unusual this time round. As I recall, there was a question towards the beginning on Maclaurin's theorem, mixed with implicit differentiation and Euler's method. There was an interesting one about transformations of ellipses defined in polar coordinates, and two 10/11 markers on solving some differential equations, which was quite messy. The last question on polars, areas etc. was also quite interesting.
Reply 1816
I don't have a copy of the paper, but they were quite unusual this time round. As I recall, there was a question towards the beginning on Maclaurin's theorem, mixed with implicit differentiation and Euler's method. There was an interesting one about transformations of ellipses defined in polar coordinates, and two 10/11 markers on solving some differential equations, which was quite messy. The last question on polars, areas etc. was also quite interesting.

Thanks a lot mate for the info.
Reply 1817

I have to wait a year I guess
Original post by TeeEm
I have to wait a year I guess

Do you happen to have any new or interesting mechanics questions for us all to try? I've got M3 as my next exam and it seems as though AQA are including some more unusual questions in their recent papers.
Reply 1819
Do you happen to have any new or interesting mechanics questions for us all to try? I've got M3 as my next exam and it seems as though AQA are including some more unusual questions in their recent papers.

I do not post on TSR anymore.
I am merely here for the benefit of my own students during the exam period and then I will be off again.
Sorry

Quick Reply

Latest