The Student Room Group

English Lit GCSE

I am sitting the AQA English lit exams next week, studying of mice and men, Martyn Pig and the relationships section of poetry. Any one else doing the same? How are you revising / how up to date with revision are you?
Original post by @_sxrxhf
I am sitting the AQA English lit exams next week, studying of mice and men, Martyn Pig and the relationships section of poetry. Any one else doing the same? How are you revising / how up to date with revision are you?
im doing the same books but not the same poetry section but tbh i just find it so hard to revise for english i havent done much yet except rereading the books. i feel like english is one of those things where its all on the day
I'm studying The Crucible, Of Mice and Men and 'Character and Voice' part of poetry : )
I feel rather confident, especially on the novels exam. I revise by analysing quotes and understanding the characters.
Reply 3
Original post by yukicookie
I'm studying The Crucible, Of Mice and Men and 'Character and Voice' part of poetry : )
I feel rather confident, especially on the novels exam. I revise by analysing quotes and understanding the characters.

Do you have any good analysis for the Putnams or Danforth in The Crucible?
Reply 4

Im doing the same as you! For of mice and men and Martyn pig I'm trying to memorise quotes for characters and themes and in depth meaning of the quotes and what they show. For the poetry I did a few practice contrasting questions and you should also check out Mr bruffs poetry videos on relationships. He's on youtube and SO HELPFUL!
Reply 5
Original post by jjude
Im doing the same as you! For of mice and men and Martyn pig I'm trying to memorise quotes for characters and themes and in depth meaning of the quotes and what they show. For the poetry I did a few practice contrasting questions and you should also check out Mr bruffs poetry videos on relationships. He's on youtube and SO HELPFUL!

Thanks but i was also wondering, what theme is the question going to be on for Martyn Pig ?
Original post by gxbby
Do you have any good analysis for the Putnams or Danforth in The Crucible?

Yes, I have some notes. I'm hoping for an A*, so hopefully the question won't be too horrible. The Putnams would be a difficult family to write an essay for, since they're only really in Act 1. If the question is on them, it would have to be about the beginning (Ruth faking that she's ill, their greed etc.)
There is a chance that the question will be on Danforth (it's good talk about the fact that he believes that it's only black or white; there's no gray area for him). Tituba might come up as well, so it would be beneficial to revise her. : )
Reply 7
Thanks but i was also wondering, what theme is the question going to be on for Martyn Pig ?

I'm not sure what theme it'll be on. I'm hoping it's a question on character like aunty jean or his Dad but i don't know ;(
Reply 8
Original post by yukicookie
Yes, I have some notes. I'm hoping for an A*, so hopefully the question won't be too horrible. The Putnams would be a difficult family to write an essay for, since they're only really in Act 1. If the question is on them, it would have to be about the beginning (Ruth faking that she's ill, their greed etc.)
There is a chance that the question will be on Danforth (it's good talk about the fact that he believes that it's only black or white; there's no gray area for him). Tituba might come up as well, so it would be beneficial to revise her. : )

Thank you! Do you have any tips on getting band 4/5? I'm hoping for an A but I'm not too sure what kind of content I'll need to include :/

Quick Reply