Do the Japanese prove that height is caused by diet?

Watch
whorace
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
The Japanese used to be very small, this is not just some stereotype and can be shown by the (actual) evidence of the war looking at old footage comparatively to say the Russian and US armies. Most think this was due to a very limited diet and protectionist policies which saw them cut of from the rest of the world. In recent times due to increase trade the height of the Japanese appears to be increasing.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, Japanese people are all tiny.

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  sumo.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  23.6 KB
Smilin’ Knight
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'd like to go to japan... if you want you can pay for a flight for me and i will go and measure random japanese people and give you the data when i get back from the holid... er.. research trip
Laomedeia
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
Living things evolve based on their surroundings. Across the planet, living things of the same species may develop different features to suit their part of the world. A few examples:

Crocodiles and snakes are cold blooded. Cold blooded animals use less energy and therefore dont have to feed that often. This is why reptiles tend to be good at surviving harsh environments where food is scarce.

The USA has no shortage of burgers. This is why the place is full of fat *******s.

In this case being short somehow benefited the chinks and japs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (65)
22.89%
Note taking apps (6)
2.11%
Flashcards (54)
19.01%
Revision guides (16)
5.63%
Past papers (132)
46.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (11)
3.87%

Watched Threads