Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

My application was submitted at the beginning of March and my evidences were verified in that same week. I received a letter from SF confirming they had received them.

However, I haven't heard anything from them. Today, I called SF and an advisor had said that all the information has been assessed but my application is stopped and he could not tell me why.

He has suggested the only thing I can do at this point is to check my correspondence on my online account to see if I hear from them.

I am a bit worried that my application will be rejected or even worse, that I will not hear from them!

I applied as a Migrant Worker as I am from the EU, currently working in England and planning to work part-time while I study. I have recently changed jobs, maybe this fact has influenced the assessment?

Hope I can get some clarification.

Many thanks

Marta
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

If you've applied as a migrant worker, we cannot assess you as one until you have begun working and sent evidence of your employment, so have you done so?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Mark,

Thank you for your answer.

I'm very concerned that I have never received any communication from sf or the migrant office asking for evidence of my employment. How could I have known what to send and where to send it if nobody is informing me?

When I phoned sf they did not even provide me with a phone number to ring the migrant office, all they gave me is an email. I messaged them a week ago and I haven't obtained a response.

I have been working in England for nearly two years so I thought they would be confirming that information with h&r customs as I haven't been asked for any evidence other than my ID.

I'm very concerned and worried that nobody from sf informed me about this whenever I have phoned them regarding my application.

My question now is, I am thinking about applying as an eu student because at least I hope to get my tuition fees covered, which is better than not hearing back from you at all.

Do I still need to do these changes before the deadline? I don't know if I would have to do a new application or I can change my current one, could you please clarify this for me?

Also, will I need to send proof of identity again?

I really appreciate your help

Thanks

Marta
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Marta you can call our EU Team to on 0141 243 3570 to discuss if it would be better to switch to an EU application, they may be able to help you with questions in regards to the Migrant Worker evidence.

If you have emailed the Migrant Worker team they can take up to 20 working days to respond to you.

Thanks

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.